Active Topics

Helloooo, new here! Just got my N900, and looking forward to playing around and seeing what sorts of fun I can have with Maemo

The Following User Says Thank You to Replicon For This Useful Post:
Hello guys !

My name is Tiago and i'm from Portugal, more precisely from the city of Lisbon, i got my N900 on the beggining of December and i'm just loving it, also i'm loving this wonderfull forum, i'm a Linux addicted, but i work mainly with SUN Machines and Solaris, i'm a telecomunications Engineer and this is my first Linux Phone, i'm just very happy to be able to take my Linux with me wherever i go

The Following User Says Thank You to tpinhao For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Hi guys, girls & geeks ;-)

Here's a german N900 noob that has read lots of threads in this great forum before he bought his new 'swiss maemo knife'. Unfortunately I'm also interested in things no one else cares about. ^^
That's why I registered - maybe YOU can help me out. Thanks in advance :-D

N(9)00bie

The Following User Says Thank You to N(9)00bie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hastings, East Sussex, UK
Just thought I'd say hello, loving my N900 but cant wait for the new FW.

The Following User Says Thank You to sklbadee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Luke Valentine View Post
Lets keep it clean. No one likes a Nokia brown nose.
u just tainted it. its clean and its not brown nose, its a fact.... starting a flame? cause i got a bucket of water

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Hi all, currently looking forward to getting rid of my 5800. N900 arrives on tuesday

Been following these forums for a while, I like the community. Will probably be coming back often to ask for help^^.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cernunnos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chesterfield, England
I'm on my 3rd N900, the previous 2 suffered from random reboots and then both bricked. Had the new one 2 weeks and not one single reboot.....still love the device and looking forward to future developments :-) It feels like the beginning of an exciting journey....hello to everyone :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brayo1971 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Utrecht
Hi folks,

New N900 user here. Just got mine today, I upgraded from a cheap 3 year old nokia so this is also my first 'smartphone'. I figured this was the first one to actually bother, so far it looks awesome indeed.

I'm also a developer and hope to make some stuff for maemo in the future.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lutger For This Useful Post:
Hi everyone,
Im new as well. I got my N900 a couple weeks ago at the ny flagship store and I love it! Just yesterday I got one of those pdair cases, which I can definitely recommend. Im totally new to maemo / Linux...
See ya

The Following User Says Thank You to moddus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Madrid, Spain
Hello! I'm also new. I've got my N900 last tuesday and I'm loving it.

I've been a Linux user/admin for a long time (10 years more or less) and have experience developing Qt applications, so this phone is a bliss for me. Looking forward to contribute to the community and to make applications/patches :-)

Also excuse my poor english (I'm spanish) and my Maemo ignorance.

See you!!

The Following User Says Thank You to luisc For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org