Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

being able to go back n forth between maemo and android is definitely cool. i decided to play it safe n installed 0.0.9 instead of gingerbread. and since playing with android, i've learned to appreciate maemo so much more, n i have done so much less complaining. a shamed that maemo had to end.

on another note, i find one thing very annoying. whenever i'm switching back from android back to maemo, my battery status in maemo is always 0% even when it was well over 70% when i left android. i suspect it has something to do how android and maemo reads the battery differently. was there a fix for that somewhere in this 152 pages thread that i missed?

edit: i just tried and switched back from android again. i typed in the usual lshal|grep percen n it returns a 0%. i figured that doesn't really make sense. if that was true, my device should've shut itself down on its own. though it does keep giving me the low battery notification on the minute.

Last edited by kazuki; 2011-01-12 at 13:23.

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
hurmmmm...i still can't use the market...

i installed the nitdroid on my internal memory mmcblk0p5..and the size allocated for nitdroid on mmcblk0p5 is 4GB..

i've read somewhere that nitdroid needs to be 2GB..does it mean i can't fix the market issue because the 4GB size on mmcblk0p5?

quoted from nitdroid website
The Android partition can only be 2GB, so you need to create a FAT partition that is so large there will only be 2GB left. The number must be in MB, example some recommended sizes are 1, 100, 2100, 6100, 14100, 30100. If its 8GB you can choose a number like 6100MB, if its 4GB you can choose a number like 2100MB. If your memory card is 2GB or below, you can choose 1MB as a number If you do not do this correctly you will not be able to use Android Market!

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
where is flash 10 in nitdroid.??? i didn't find it.

Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
does this also means that we are able 2 receive text messages sms and stuf ??

so we can finally install whatsapp for example ?

just 4 the fun of it.. even the real galaxy S dont have this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFMTofYt_2g

we can already receive sms in nitdroid

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
being able to go back n forth between maemo and android is definitely cool. i decided to play it safe n installed 0.0.9 instead of gingerbread. and since playing with android, i've learned to appreciate maemo so much more, n i have done so much less complaining. a shamed that maemo had to end.

on another note, i find one thing very annoying. whenever i'm switching back from android back to maemo, my battery status in maemo is always 0% even when it was well over 70% when i left android. i suspect it has something to do how android and maemo reads the battery differently. was there a fix for that somewhere in this 152 pages thread that i missed?

edit: i just tried and switched back from android again. i typed in the usual lshal|grep percen n it returns a 0%. i figured that doesn't really make sense. if that was true, my device should've shut itself down on its own. though it does keep giving me the low battery notification on the minute.
the battery issue along with maemo being so much better is why i even stopped trying to dual boot.

unless my device was plugged in, i could not run nitdroid. it would always flash my led red and start shutting down immediately, yet my maemo was just fine.

:/

never could figure out why...but it doesnt matter, maemo is still much more fluid and confy.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by abhirajsoni View Post
where is flash 10 in nitdroid.??? i didn't find it.
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/Applications/Flash101.apk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
So I've installed these successfully, however I'm not too keen on it being in /home, I think I'd rather repartition the eMMC. However, it's hard to determine from the wiki (http://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning_the_flash) exactly which solutions are 1.2+ compatible. I wanted to do solution #2 (where you basically use fdisk to delete MyDocs then repartition its space), which from what I can gather, SHOULD work on pr 1.2+ because it does not appear to touch /home, however the wiki does not indicate that it is compatible. Could anyone clarify?

I was hoping to have a 21gb MyDocs (the same as it is, just smaller) and 3x 2gb partitions for other operating systems.

Originally Posted by kazuki View Post

I don't think this is a problem caused by Android.Possibly some kind of issue with the battery % read function?
Happened to me some time a ago.But before I attempt to take a look at the cause of problem I bricked my phone had to reflash anyway.

Originally Posted by one1002 View Post

i installed the nitdroid on my internal memory mmcblk0p5..and the size allocated for nitdroid on mmcblk0p5 is 4GB..

i've read somewhere that nitdroid needs to be 2GB..does it mean i can't fix the market issue because the 4GB size on mmcblk0p5?

No.Market fix don't have anything with the disk space.Just try the fix few times.

Originally Posted by one1002 View Post

the market fix here seems to work fine for me. http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_...requent_errors

Originally Posted by No_LiMiT View Post
I'm still getting only free apps in Market, and not all for that(was looking for new Playstation official app). Is it possible this is due to my country or IP?

Tried fixes few times but they don't bring up more apps :s

Edit: There's no Paid tab on applications even, just free. Also tried market-enabler but it says Houston we have a problem :/
Anyone got/had same problem?

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid