Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
N900 doesnt get you fall into boredom ,anyway watch your feet and recall your steps each day so you might wanna be back..;p

After using a healthy dose of gadgets I can tell you:

For pen-writing; Pen gets 10/10, Resistive-touch gets 8/10, Active-Digitizer gets 7/10, and Capacitive-stylus gets 5/10.

For finger-friendly; Capacitive-touch gets 9/10, Resistive gets 6/10, Pen gets 0/10.

For features (multi-touch etc); Capacitive-touch gets 8/10, Resistive gets 7/10, Pen gets 0/10.

I think the best combination of touchscreen gadget would be a multitouch capacitive touchscreen with a high-quality Active-Digitizer (N-Trig).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
I thanked you to compensate for the incredible amount of hate in this thread.

Though it should indeed be merged with the other galaxy thread, and at least be moved to the competitor board.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
For pen-writing; Pen gets 10/10, Resistive-touch gets 8/10, Active-Digitizer gets 7/10
As a long time user of an active digitizer, I can say without reservation that in-my-not-so-humble-opinion an active digitizer blows a resistive stylus out of the water. End game. Death blow. Humiliating defeat. Corpse urination.

Active digitizers have three major things going for them: registering only the tip of the pen (not the hand), hover events, and tilt/orientation sensing. These make the systems incredibly versatile as input systems beyond just 'multitouch' and 'pressure' -- the former which is quite rare among resisitve devices..

But I suppose we're all entitled to our opinions. This one, is just a little hard to swallow with such a strong assertion.

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2011-05-27 at 17:48.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ india
i rate samsung galaxy s only 60% compare to n900

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil

About the battery, would you mind to tell me what's wrong?

Personally I just bought a Galaxy II for day to day phone work (and to develop on) and will continue to use my N900 for all work related stuff (remote admin of machines etc). I will also be using my N900 to play music to my car stereo as for some goddamn reason no android phone has an fmtransmitter.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Active digitizers have three major things going for them: registering only the tip of the pen (not the hand), hover events, and tilt/orientation sensing. These make the systems incredibly versatile as input systems beyond just 'multitouch' and 'pressure' -- the former which is quite rare among resisitve devices..
The only device I've ever used with an active digitizer embedded into the device was my OQO 01+. LOVED it... but I'll be damned if it didn't also show my pen press too. It was not favorable in that one regard, imho.

Works best as a Wacom tablet - hands down. But with the OQO, and to a much lesser extent but still visible on the Wacom Cintiq, the fact that my pen would slightly distort the image(s) bothers me.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Personally I just bought a Galaxy II for day to day phone work (and to develop on) and will continue to use my N900 for all work related stuff (remote admin of machines etc). I will also be using my N900 to play music to my car stereo as for some goddamn reason no android phone has an fmtransmitter.
Try something like this, mate..
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/compact...5mm-jack-54438
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/compact...sb-3-5mm-39684

It would be better built in, but it's not the end of the world.

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2011-05-27 at 18:14.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The only device I've ever used with an active digitizer embedded into the device was my OQO 01+. LOVED it... but I'll be damned if it didn't also show my pen press too. It was not favorable in that one regard, imho.

Works best as a Wacom tablet - hands down. But with the OQO, and to a much lesser extent but still visible on the Wacom Cintiq, the fact that my pen would slightly distort the image(s) bothers me.
What do you mean 'distort the image'?

What I've always found interesting in writable screens is the distance between the surface, and the generated image. The gap makes it difficult to precisely position the pen, regardless of the technology. A pen on paper has effectively zero gap.

Perhaps the SAMOLED screen, touted to have fewer layers would be better at this sort of thing, but I've yet to see a proper pen-input solution for phones that sport this tech. Oh, and capacitive stylii, I'm not a fan of...

Tags
android, fight!, who gives a fok, woohoo