Notices

Originally Posted by nokian-series View Post
Is there another way to execute that commands with 'root' ?! Or i'm doing anything wrong with that method of script.sh ?
Why not just put "sudo gainroot" at the top of the script before all the commands? No need to pipe it then...

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by Jinux View Post
Why not just put "sudo gainroot" at the top of the script before all the commands? No need to pipe it then...
Because it won't work. You need to execute the script itself as root. Putting sudo gainroot in first line will break the script.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by nokian-series View Post
It dont have the result i've expected.
(if i do it from xterminal, line by line, it works ... )
OK, could you also tell us what it actually does and what you'd expect it to do?

What happens if you call the script from commandline? As user with the given pipe to sudo gainroot and as root by calling the script directly.

Is the script executable? Check it!

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
Ok, i got it..to many lines i think.
I've worked arround the problem, do what i want by different way..it works too..so..thank you all, that tip of script.sh was very good!

There is a bug in 1.1. When you tap the widget to refresh it changes color to blue to indicate a tap. It was working ok before, but now in 1.1 it stays blue in ca. 50% of the cases.

Hello

I just got in trouble: I install a 'Lock' widget with the 'Lock screen and keys' command. But forgot to disable the setting which activate it on current desktop.

So now I am stuck in a loop were the phone immediatly re-lock when I unlock it (using the slider stuff).

Any idea?

where are the setting file? I would like to remove the Lock widget by hand...

Any help appreciated

Gilles

ok, I manage to get rid of the problem by quickly unlocking the phone and going into widget setting and so on.

But I still would like to know were the widget definitions are.

And by the way this is a great soft...

Gilles

Originally Posted by gilou3000 View Post
Hello

I just got in trouble: I install a 'Lock' widget with the 'Lock screen and keys' command. But forgot to disable the setting which activate it on current desktop.

So now I am stuck in a loop were the phone immediatly re-lock when I unlock it (using the slider stuff).

Any idea?

Any help appreciated

Gilles

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by gilou3000 View Post
Hello

Any idea?

Any help appreciated

Gilles
ssh in, edit the config file to remove the offending widget. done.

EDIT:
the config file is /home/user/.desktop_cmd_exec

The Following User Says Thank You to twoboxen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 111 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
The set max cpu frequency doesn't seem to work for me? The command doesn't work from the terminal either. Isn't it out of date a bit? I have titan's kernel installed. Command seems to work in terminal only if I do sudo gainroot first and then insert the command (without "rootsh"). Is there a way to insert "sudo gainroot" in the script? I tried a couple of ideas,but everything failed miserably with a crash :X

The Following User Says Thank You to rooted For This Useful Post: