Active Topics

Notices

What I'd like to see is commercial vehicle options. I am driving a 24' straight truck that is 12' 6" high. Most of the stand alone units I see are more focused on the cross country big rig driver. I rarely leave Jersey on my route and the farthest has been just into NY. What I need is a way to avoid low overhead passes (surprisingly large amount of them in and around smaller towns) and no truck roads. The ability to add notes to destinations (such as location of loading dock or lack there of) would be killer. Keeping a large number of those detailed stops as well as the ability to select several stops and create a route based of closest to furthest or some such would be good. None of the stand alone units I have tried have been very good, haven't tried Garmins latest but at the price for yet another uni-tasker... Some features of the trucker gps like the huge screens are a no no for me. I deliver to some rough areas, (in and around Newark to start) have had several units stolen so a way to be able to do this with my eagerly awaited n900 would be king. Maybe this is what makes me get into programming...