Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by mothmanex View Post
LOL, I used the patched one the first time!! What I did was transfer the one I downloaded yesterday today, and it worked! I didn't downloaded again the patch. Note, that if you had read the previous posts, you would have seen that me and other guys had this problem with the correct patched files.

VIdeo of it working http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8UPORbQKCI
what patches are you talking about, there is already ready to go patched thing on second page, used it and it worked fine for me.

i think you should mention in video description that that's patched kakaroto's module, as i think he didn't want his to be used for piracy

Last edited by ZogG; 2010-09-07 at 02:43.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mexico, Monterrey.
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
what patches are you talking about, there is already ready to go patched thing on second page, used it and it worked fine for me.

i think you should mention in video description that that's patched karatos module, as i think he didn't want his to be used for piracy
I used the patched files from the 2nd page the first time.

Added. I wasn't planning on using it for piracy, I still plan to buy games. The advantage is that now I don't need to change the disc.

Sony has just released firmware version 3.42. There are reports indicating that this firmware patches PSGroove, PSJailbreak, PSFreedom, etc.

Do NOT update your firmware until a reasonable bypass solution is found.

Used the patch from here and installed the jailbreak but after i disconnect my phone when i run backup manager i get error 80029519 on the ps3.

So i guess what my question is do i need to have my nokia n900 connected at all times i want to run backup manager ?

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Zealand
Looks like update 3.42 is going live. I would guess they will have something to patch the little hole that hackers are using to jailbreak the system.

PS3 Firmware 3.42 Hits Network Update
Posted by Mike Bendel on September 6, 2010 @ 8:31 pm

We’ve just been informed that PS3 firmware 3.42 has hit Network Update. Although Sony usually updates its blog ahead of time with information ahead of time on new firmware releases, that is not the case this time — presumably as today is a holiday in the states.

Judging by the incremental version bump, chances are this is a relatively small update. Chances are also high that it blocks the recently PS3 exploit that has been making waves across the net since the PS Jailbreak code was reversed earlier last week.

That said, we’d strongly urge that anyone who wishes to retain the ability to run homebrew should refrain from updating. Unfortunately, staying on 3.41 translates to no PSN access, as Sony has flagged 3.42 as a mandatory update.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Damn! Have anyone updated and try Jailbreaking to see if it still works?
Or are we looking for another way to jailbreaking with our N900? I really like the idea of playing my games (I bought them) from the stupid HDD instead of changing my BDVD every friggin time.

The update will NOT work with the current jailbreaking method.

Question...

When the jailbreak was released I did a fresh install of the 3.41 firmware onto a second 2.5" Sata drive. If I update the my current drive to the 3.42 firmware and try to use the second drive, will it still work? Can I hotswap?

Originally Posted by Jooniar View Post
Question...

When the jailbreak was released I did a fresh install of the 3.41 firmware onto a second 2.5" Sata drive. If I update the my current drive to the 3.42 firmware and try to use the second drive, will it still work? Can I hotswap?
Nope, firmware isn't installed/updated to the hard drive; you won't be able to hotswap.

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
like this

Wonderful!