I am trying to get yateclient to run on the n900. I got scratchbox working, and compiled yate, but when I tried to actually run it on my n900, it appears to run fine, but no GUI ever comes up, and it says:

Code:
<client:WARN> There is no window visible !!!
This application using QT.

Yate supports google voice accounts, so I am very interested in getting this to work. Any hints, or does anyone else want to try compiling this?

Maybe someone can tell me if I'm wrong here, but I thought the One Ring program supports google voice as well, and integrates nicely with the phone application. Not sure what Yate would have over that.

Though on the other hand to be more helpful to you. Could it be a resolution issue?

Personally I think I would try contacting the programmer(s) of Yate, and ask why you'd get that error.

slaapliedje

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
@xur17: Traitor!! :P But seriously: Anything here that's missing in qgvdial?
@slaapliedje: qgvdial is also a Google Voice client and has telephone integration.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Maybe someone can tell me if I'm wrong here, but I thought the One Ring program supports google voice as well, and integrates nicely with the phone application. Not sure what Yate would have over that.

Though on the other hand to be more helpful to you. Could it be a resolution issue?

Personally I think I would try contacting the programmer(s) of Yate, and ask why you'd get that error.

slaapliedje
It is a client, but it is different than TOR, or qvdial in that it directly connects to google, and lets you make calls directly through them. No third party sip, or cell phone account required. It uses your jabber account to make / receive calls, the same method that the "call phones" function on gmail.com uses.

See this android app for an example of what I am talking about.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
@xur17: Traitor!! :P But seriously: Anything here that's missing in qgvdial?
@slaapliedje: qgvdial is also a Google Voice client and has telephone integration.
This would't so much used instead of qgvdial as used in conjunction with. I would still use qgvdial to make calls through gsm when not on wifi. Also, see the comments above.

Last edited by xur17; 2011-05-15 at 14:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to xur17 For This Useful Post: