Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
I changed the title, the first post has also become redundant so read from post #3 on...

Camera (pro)
8MP instead of 12MP? I dont care, quality has in this case nothing to do with
higher MPs.

Last edited by BluesLee; 2011-06-26 at 08:12. Reason: Redundancy

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Admirable effort but we dont really need another thread. A little tired of seeing so many N9 one's pop up.

No disrespect to you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post

Display (pro)
No doubt, i like it! 3.9" is a very good choice, everything smaller than that would be a drawback as of the software kbd.
Note that the quoted 3.9" diagonal is misleading. The screen is about the same height as the N900's, just a bit wider. So if you found the N900 screen too small (I know I did) you won't like this either.

Camera (pro)
8MP instead of 12MP? I dont care, quality has in this case nothing to do with
higher MPs.
Actually it does, higher pixel density means lower quality.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brighton
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Actually it does, higher pixel density means HIGHER quality.
Fixed that for ya

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
If the estate of the ccd sensor doesn't increase at the same rate as the MP than it usually means LOWER quality, because it gets less photons per pixel and you get noise, esp in lower light environ.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post

Keyboard (con)
Meh. It's got Swype, and I should probably start learning to use an on-screen keyboard. The world isn't gonna wait for us to be convinced of a technology most other people are happy with.

CPU/GPU (con)
Can't get behind this one. I don't need my phone to have specs that only a small nuclear power plant could power for a day on. Harmattan looks snappy on the hardware, which should be enough. Good hardware design is about more than just specs.

Battery (con)
Again, this is a trade off between good design and practicality - and I must say my phone battery only leaves its' slot when I've botched something and can't turn the thing off.

As you can tell, I'm pretty impressed by the N9. The keyboard is a disappointment, but I think it's time I accepted that touchscreen keyboards are a big part of the future of phones and tablets - and started to learn how to use them better.

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
If the estate of the ccd sensor doesn't increase at the same rate as the MP than it usually means LOWER quality, because it gets less photons per pixel and you get noise, esp in lower light environ.
Exactly. Ye canna change the laws of physics, Cap'n!

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
Have you been drinking a bucket of Jobs-ade? A good big CCD is a plus, granted - a large 5MP CCD might outperform a smaller 8MP CCD, for example - but more pixels are also a plus. like for like, a higher pixel count on the same sized CCD wins out. Don't make me get out my citations

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Darkshine View Post
Have you been drinking a bucket of Jobs-ade? A good big CCD is a plus, granted - a large 5MP CCD might outperform a smaller 8MP CCD, for example - but more pixels are also a plus. like for like, a higher pixel count on the same sized CCD wins out. Don't make me get out my citations
I don't even know if you are joking or not, if not could you please explain since the idea I have about sensors, pixel count etc seems to be wrong.

Originally Posted by Darkshine View Post

no he hasn't, because in phones we aren't offered bigger CCD's, we are offered the same tiny CCD with more pixels, which means proportionally more sub-pixel grid, which means less surface area to collect light upon.

Tags
borrrrrrring, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz