Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
What is the preferred way to get same MAC-adddress on every boot?
Configure in /etc/network/interfaces:
Code:
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
  hwaddress address
Do we have gles-driver which work with new kernel?
Skry had one accelerated driver for the 3.5 kernel in the arch thread, but my experience with it was not stable, so I migrated to fbdev.

What is the way (in the meantime) use software openGL? E.g. I tested
I don't know :-(
row 284:
[ 11.652435] hci_h4p hci_h4p: Valid bluetooth address not found, setting some random
Check here for btaddr configuration: https://elektranox.org/n900/installation/hardware.html

row 295:
[ 12.606506] bq27x00-battery 2-0055: battery is not calibrated! ignoring capacity values
This reminds me that I have to check if battery charges on debian!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to caveman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
I'm using 'user' -account, and I can startx and then over ssh start e.g. DISPLAY=:0 xterm

When I try startx over ssh, it doesn't work:
Code:
X: user not authorized to run the X server, aborting.
xinit: giving up
xinit: unable to connect to X server: Connection refused
xinit: server error
I think I soon need this (when libmatchbox2 takes turn).
Did you try something like "DISPLAY=:0 startx" (or maybe even export the DISPLAY variable set to :0 before starting X)? I remember having similar problems on Raspberry Pi at some point with Raspbian (but either I changed something in config files permanently and don't remember or the newer version of Raspbian is configured differently, because I cannot reproduce it now).

edit: on my other machine (home server) I get similar output (unable to start X) unless I type on my home computer "ssh -X server_ip", but then it starts X remotely on the screen of my home computer. If I find a moment, I'll try debug that and give you more useful information, but just wanted to step in now and note that this may not be related to Debian/N900, but it might be either generic Debian problem (my server runs Debian) or generic Linux/X.org/ssh problem.

Last edited by misiak; 2014-06-04 at 09:09.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Crete,Greece
I love it.But what about charging?is there any way to charge n900 while in jessie?

Originally Posted by mouzg View Post
I love it.But what about charging?is there any way to charge n900 while in jessie?
I just tried to plug in charger but it seems that isn't charging because the led is continous yellow... not blinking. The device is a bit warmer than when running maemo. It has been 4 hours since i boot jessie but it stayed almost all that time on idle. Lets see how long time the bl-5j will last.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mouzg View Post
kernel-power (by Pali) has in-kernel charging (and it works

Obviously, the kernel being used here is not kernel-power, but perhaps includes the necessary modules/patches to make it work. Can't check now, but the module was bq2415x_charger.

Somebody with debian running on the N900 could try: modprobe bq2415x_charger and see what happens.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by saponga View Post
I just tried to plug in charger but it seems that isn't charging because the led is continous yellow... not blinking. The device is a bit warmer than when running maemo. It has been 4 hours since i boot jessie but it stayed almost all that time on idle. Lets see how long time the bl-5j will last.
Hey, solid yellow IS the in-kernel charging. BME does the blinking, but we don't need BME
Please report if you can figure out whether the battery is charging or not.

My (short) experience[*] with this is that the battery actually charges but much more slowly than normal, but that may have been due to a faulty USB port.
[*] http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=484

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Somebody with debian running on the N900 could try: modprobe bq2415x_charger and see what happens.
No output here...
Code:
lsmod |grep bq2415x_charger
returns:
Code:
bq2415x_charger       14125  0
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Hey, solid yellow IS the in-kernel charging. BME does the blinking, but we don't need BME
Please report if you can figure out whether the battery is charging or not.

My (short) experience[*] with this is that the battery actually charges but much more slowly than normal, but that may have been due to a faulty USB port.
[*] http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=484
Thanks for the info Is there any way to check if its charging without boot maemo ?

Last edited by saponga; 2014-06-04 at 15:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Crete,Greece
Im pretty sure it charges.I booted up jessie with two wires connected to my battery terminals.while voltage was 2.75 it went up to 2.85 when the charger connected (every time) and led solid yellow.I know its a little difference (100mv) but i think is enough for its voltage.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mouzg For This Useful Post:
My n900 have been running jessie on couple of last days all the time attached to the charger. Led is orange/yellow as stated earlier.

Now I booted it to the maemo and detached charger. Battery is fully charged.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
I also have the same issue with the charging LED in my build. It definitely does charge and also the kernel seems to know when it's fully charged so it's unlikely that there's a risk overcharging our batteries. You can find battery info under /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I get a kernel panic when I plug in the wall charger directly into the mains. Charging works fine however when connecting a USB cable to the USB port of my PC. I'm using freemangordon's 3.14-rc3 kernel by the way.

My main issues right now are that I've not yet got USB networking to work, the keyboard mapping doesn't work under E17 (even though it works fine on the console) but the most critical issue that I don't have a solution for something equivalent to Maemo's xprot to prevent blowing up the speakers.

I'm hoping to create a Git repo for my scripts within the next few days once I've tidied up a few things and done a bit more testing.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2014-06-09 at 19:22.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: