just out of interest, how would you use this info to cancel a contract? you never know when that kind of info might come in handy!

This is interesting but it is only going to effect people who are already going over the 500mb limit (obviously). I think there is something in thier contract which says that this will be considered an 'addon'.

But it will certainly be an uphill struggle to cancel just on these grounds.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Amok, this is a vodafone thread. May I suggest you start another regarding your 3 payg issue. You may get more of a response too.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
It's because of dodgy contracts like these that I decided to go PAYG a couple of years back. I'm still a Vodafone customer but can regulate my spend and useage to suit me, not 'The Man'.

I reckon that overall I'm saving money against a £35/month contract* on an N900; I paid £470 for my sim-free N900. I should get £200 back for it next year (after 18M use) so it'll stand me in at £270.00.

On average I spend £18/Month on top-ups - that's £324 over 18M. (Typically I buy 200 mins/month for £15 and rarely use them all). Add in the nett cost of the phone (£270.00) and I'll have spent £594 over 18M - that's £33/M, saving me £36.00 over the 18M period.

* That's if I could get an N900 on contract for free. Most suppliers wanted 100 when I last checked. That being the case I'm nearly £140 better off.

PLUS I have the freedom to change device when I want.

I get enough free calls & internet access via my landline and use free wireless when out and about. If I need to use Vodafone's WAP service I pay 50p/day - not bad value for occasional use.

It won't suit everyone - but give it some thought. Not many of us use 700 'Free' minutes a month...

Originally Posted by maki43 View Post
This is interesting but it is only going to effect people who are already going over the 500mb limit (obviously). I think there is something in thier contract which says that this will be considered an 'addon'.

But it will certainly be an uphill struggle to cancel just on these grounds.
well no not really it effects everyone that has the FUP associated to their contract. Just because i dont go over doesnt mean this doesnt effect me.

There are times when i need to use the contract WAP and im constantly thinking how much data is this page going to use etc. i rarely go on any streaming sites like youtube unless connected to wifi.

i was much more relaxed when i heard the Vodafone really only enforce the FUP if you regularly go over by loads. This is stated on the VF forums repeatedly (cant access thread link as work has locked it outside lunch)

If this goes ahead i will now be charged for going over with no exception. Now i will have to constantly check my data and never use such a poweful media device for anything that needs a connection. This nunlifies the reason for getting a smartphone (please no argumnets about wether its a smartphone or linux computer. I need the internet for both)

This effects me greatly and i am going to follow this very carefully and if i can get out i will

has anybody been charged extra yet for going over 500mb. i'm over 1000mb already this month and a little worried. from what i have read,they will notify me before they add extra charges. ?

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ ireland
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
well,that is why you should move to 3 for 15 pounds simfree and 1GB of data per month with free skype calls!
except that skype calls go into your regular data download - in other words: they are not free

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by crispy View Post
has anybody been charged extra yet for going over 500mb. i'm over 1000mb already this month and a little worried. from what i have read,they will notify me before they add extra charges. ?
I think the policy starts on 1st June.

you should be ok.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
They have to give you 30 days notice to any change in T & C's what they are saying is that this is not a change to them but an additional service which is bollocks.

Originally Posted by adamFsmith View Post
They're now planning to charge us £5 for every extra 500MB we use, and haven't bothered to inform anyone of the changes. Cheeky?

Looks like there's an outside possibility we'll be able to cancel our contracts early and walk away with the phone.
what happens if they inform us, and we dont agree??

i would get out of this contract ANY DAY, with or without the phone

/me rushes to read my t&c completely

Tags
vodafone con