Notices

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
I decided to get the app and I have followed the manual fix for custom kernels but I am still getting VERY slow connection on any devices I connect to Joikuspot.

Any further assistance please?

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Phoenix, Arizona
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
Updates are free, but further updates are highly unlikely. I bought it early on and there have been 2 updates I think, almost to coincide with Pr1.2/Pr1.3 but I could be wrong.

You will get an extra repository on your device for updating, so the updates are delivered OTA like any other.

[edit] The current version for N900 is v1.2.2, and it doesn't work with the overclocked kernels - although there is a manual workaround you can use.
I've been using Titans kernel since it first came out. I also bought JoikuSpot when it came out. I always overclock at "Ideal". The only problem is whenever the kernel gets an update you have to do the following:

Joikuspot Work Around - Must do after any kernel or JoikuSpot update.

1- Backup JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko

in x-term:

cp /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/user/

sudo gainroot

rm /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko

cp /lib/modules/current/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/

2- Reboot.

This has always worked and it worked with the latest Power-Kernel update.

Hope this helps

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jbscurtis View Post
I've been using Titans kernel since it first came out. I also bought JoikuSpot when it came out. I always overclock at "Ideal". The only problem is whenever the kernel gets an update you have to do the following:

Joikuspot Work Around - Must do after any kernel or JoikuSpot update.

1- Backup JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko

in x-term:

cp /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/user/

sudo gainroot

rm /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko

cp /lib/modules/current/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/

2- Reboot.

This has always worked and it worked with the latest Power-Kernel update.

Hope this helps
Still not connecting

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
You don't need to do this anymore with kernel47. I'm not sure if this is undoing the fix in the kernel. Pali?

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Phoenix, Arizona
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
You don't need to do this anymore with kernel47. I'm not sure if this is undoing the fix in the kernel. Pali?
I was hoping the fix in 47 worked but after the update and 3 reboots it still wouldn't work so I did the old standby and it works fine. So I don't think the fix fixed it.

my experience is that mobile hotspot is a pain to get setup sometimes, but once done its much more reliable then joiku.

Joiku crashes alot of the time for me i.e. connections dont last more then 10 minutes or so - I have to constantly restart and reconnect etc.

Once I got mobile hotspot working, the connections stay up for more then an hour (or even all night) most of the time, so its alot more reliable for me

YMMV

i dont think it works either...cause i am also having issues with jokiuspot and kernel power v47on cssu. connects but no browsing. proper bouncer file is where it should be but no luck. any ideas. posted on the kernel thread as well but no luck. when you say old standby do you mean replacing the bouncer ? cause i tried the old fix and no luck there either...
Originally Posted by jbscurtis View Post
I was hoping the fix in 47 worked but after the update and 3 reboots it still wouldn't work so I did the old standby and it works fine. So I don't think the fix fixed it.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Italy
I'm facing the same problem of Sekou718 with same configuration even after the manual load of the bouncer.