Notices

Canola works fine with the regular MP3 files that I have, but just doesn't see the OGG files within the same watched folders.

I installed the Ogg support package from Maemo...
(http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/ogg/) and while that helps in Kagu playing my OGG files, Canola doesnt seem to recognise or play the OGG files at all.

Is this missing in Canola and will be added in future or is there a current solution to this ?

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Here's how I was able to get it to work:

1) Add add this catalog - http://tuomas.kulve.fi/debian
Dist: bora
Components: maemo

I personally deleted my existing Tuomas catalog that was Chinook instead of Bora, not sure if it's absolutely needed though.

2) install libvorbis0a

3) install this deb http://kenneth.christiansen.googlepa..._0.3_armel.deb

4) I can't remember if I rebooted or not, but probably did.

5) Enjoy your oggs
this should give you OGG support

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinCushionQueen For This Useful Post:
I got it working with nearly the same steps but with tuomas' chinook repository and a reboot was not required. Nice

The Following User Says Thank You to Nikem For This Useful Post:
Interesting... libvorbis0a was missing from my Chinook Tuomas repo. Ah well, at least we both got it working. I'll try again with the Chinook repo instead of the Bora, maybe the repo was updated?

I entered the toumas repo,

but I cant find the libvorvis library either (tried both the bora and chinook repos)

Nor can I parse the link in point #2 to a proper link.

Nikem, how did you get the library or the .db file mentioned ?

Last edited by nilchak; 2007-12-23 at 01:43.

The correct link to the file is: ogg-support-lms_0.3_armel.deb
One step I did even before installing canola2 was to install "ogg-support" (v0.4) from the chinook-repository of tuomas.kulve.fi to get the ogg-support for the default mediaplayer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikem For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nikem View Post
The correct link to the file is: ogg-support-lms_0.3_armel.deb
One step I did even before installing canola2 was to install "ogg-support" (v0.4) from the chinook-repository of tuomas.kulve.fi to get the ogg-support for the default mediaplayer.
Oh thanks Nikem. I when I copied the url from the op, I must have just copied the text So sorry for the confusion guys!

I have to drop the app manager into red pill mode to get libvorbis0a installed, I could then install ogg-support-lms from cmd line.

The default media player now sits on a endless "Refreshing Library" loop, and canola now finds and opens the .ogg tracks but doesn't play them, and ideas?

(Am using ITOS 2008 on an n800)

Thanks Nikem for the link.

I didnt install the libvorbis liobrary (could find it in the Toumas repository). But I had the older OGG support package installed.
I only installed the ogg-spupport-lms.deb file (had to do from command line, using dpkg, it didnt work from the Application manager).

Now Canola does show and play all my ogg files beautilfully.
Thanks for the helping hand everyone.

The Following User Says Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
After following the steps above, I had to uninstall and reinstall Canola before it would find my OGGs.