Active Topics

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
any chance a settings menu applet could be created for easy changing of settings to HD? I really appreciate your efforts!

F2K.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
new update from cssu now with new version of hd, so, just repatch the previous modded hd's? i think that's not right eh?

can't wait for gui for this... thanks to the developers for this great idea

i tried opening transitions.ini via filebox but it cannot be edited because it's read-only.. so how do i modify that? or must it be replaced with a new file completely? if we were to just wanna desaturate it and remove blur, which numbers and values should be changed?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
i tried opening transitions.ini via filebox but it cannot be edited because it's read-only.. so how do i modify that? or must it be replaced with a new file completely? if we were to just wanna desaturate it and remove blur, which numbers and values should be changed?
You have to be root to edit that file. If you know how to do it, edit /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini. If not, I think MAG wants to create a transitions.ini GUI (similar to transitioncontrol, but with added support for the new options).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
that would be cool, but what values do we set in [home] section? thanks

Originally Posted by thp View Post
You have to be root to edit that file. If you know how to do it, edit /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini. If not, I think MAG wants to create a transitions.ini GUI (similar to transitioncontrol, but with added support for the new options).
I was root... This is exactly what I did

root

leafpad /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini

scrolled down to [home]

changed things to the settings I mentioned

[home]
saturation = 1
brightness = 1
zoom = 1
radius_more = 0
radius = 0
zoom_applets = 0

killalll hildon-desktop, even reboot,

natha results

EDIT:SOLVED!!!!!

Last edited by Dark_Angel85; 2011-02-07 at 13:09.

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
I like this idea. Look forward to seeing it as part of the SSU. Kudos for soldiering on in the current slightly dispiriting environment

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I hate to be the one to bump but since I still don't have the skills nor tools to modify the source I'd ask would it be possible to modify the tasker so, that it'd take the 80 % of the screen when one item is visible, 40 % (or so) when two to four are visible and after that it'd take the normal space? Check the first post to understand the method, it'd be sort of a hybrid between normal, two and one-panel tasking.

For now, that'd be the best multi-tasking for me.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Hi.

I would like to know if I could somehow switch the different task views via any command.
That's why I'm using a QBWidget that sets my n900 to my "car mode" Therefore it would be nice to have a simple way to set the task switcher to some car view, too.

is there a gconf key for that?

Is there any way to have 3 columns? I think 4 is too much. 2 and 1 are too little for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:

Tags
hildon-desktop