Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
No VAT which in some cases in europe is at 25%

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Maybe bcoz USA faces frequent alien invasions?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Alien dalvik...

Would buy a device per month if I could buy with US prices. Luckely for me it's more expensive around the globe since we don't even get 12 great devices per year. Max 4-5 great devices. I really like to see a big screen device with keyboard soon. Who can deliver innovation 2013.my bet? Samsung.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone tried www.myus.com?

VAT, and the fact that in the EU the government mandated warranties have to factor in on prices.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
EU in general has:

-Lot higher consumption taxes (VAT)
-Better consumer protection & warranties
-Higher minium wages
-Longer holidays, better labour protection, more rights for trade unions, etc.

All of the above increase prices. All also tend to make possible the kind of public services and labour rights that americans don't have. Not to make this too political, but (IMHO) it's a price worth paying.

Besides, your examples are from phones and you are forgetting that american tend to pay quite a bit more for quite a bit worse connections to those phones.

Whats the price for data in US?

Free data plan - Price?
5 GB data plan- Price?
1 GB data plan - Price?

Is this where the hidden amount can be found. The operators transfer money to the vendors.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-12-20 at 19:22.

In Europe we have something called class. With class comes the ability to pay the bill. In the US people are either dirt poor or filthy rich, but there is no class. So for the dirt poor people to be able to pay and feel happy, devices are cheap. And because the rich people have no idea what class is, they feel even richer because everything is dirt cheap.

This is the truth, its told by the king of TMO

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It's cheap in the US because we'd sue them. It's that simple.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I'd suggest working & living in EU and buying (often) in US Works for me...

Tags
almost free, phones in us