Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
So, I got the paid version - but I can't import from KeepassX. I exported first the xml file, and when importing that into wallet, nothing happens. It thinks for a moment, then nothing. Then I tried exporting to a text file in KeepassX, and importing that - and I got a complete mess. What to do?

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
So, I got the paid version - but I can't import from KeepassX. I exported first the xml file, and when importing that into wallet, nothing happens. It thinks for a moment, then nothing. Then I tried exporting to a text file in KeepassX, and importing that - and I got a complete mess. What to do?
You should export as xml file (not encrypted), and file name MUST be "keepass.xml"

check www.nowhereman.eu

Protect your confidential information by installing Wallet for N9 and N900.
Visit: http://www.nowhereman.eu

Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
You should export as xml file (not encrypted), and file name MUST be "keepass.xml"

check www.nowhereman.eu
I had already read the instructions on www.nowhereman.eu when I tried. Tried export both from keepassx on Mac and keepass on PC. Made sure file are is named keepass.xml. N9 thinks for a second and then nothing happened. Also, since I've now got a mess from trying to import from a text file, I need to reset the database. How do I do that?

I had already read the instructions on www.nowhereman.eu when I tried. Tried export both from keepassx on Mac and keepass on PC. Made sure file are is named keepass.xml. N9 thinks for a second and then nothing happened. Also, since I've now got a mess from trying to import from a text file, I need to reset the database. How do I do that?
In order to remove all your data, you have to remove wallet database. This is a file called qtwallet.db.sqlite, located in /home/user. You must install a file manager a remove with it.

About import, I have emails from other user, and at the end it worked. I didn't have keepass, then I cannot confirm. I attached you have a sample that somebody send me, please check that it is similar to your file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip keepass.xml.txt.zip (3.5 KB, 80 views)

No, mine does not look like this.

Here is an example of the beginning portion of an xml file exported by KeepassX:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE KEEPASSX_DATABASE>
<database>
 <group>
  <title>Financial</title>
  <icon>37</icon>
  <entry>
   <title>An example</title>
   <username>myusername</username>
   <password>whateverpassword</password>
   <url></url>
   <comment>part of a comment<br/>another bit of a comment<br/>some more comment bits<br/><br/>last comment bit</comment>
   <bindesc></bindesc>
   <bin>AA==</bin>
   <icon>0</icon>
   <creation>2012-05-30T00:34:18</creation>
   <lastaccess>2012-05-30T01:33:20</lastaccess>
   <lastmod>2012-05-30T01:33:20</lastmod>
   <expire>Never</expire>
  </entry>
  <entry>
   <title>A Title</title>
   <username>anotherusername</username>
   <password>anotherpassword</password>
   <url>http://www.some.url.com</url>
   <comment>Another example comment<br/>More comments: 3 &lt;> 4 &lt;> 7 &lt;> userid &lt;> 1 &lt;> code &lt;> 0 &lt;> 7</comment>
   <bindesc></bindesc>
   <bin>AA==</bin>
   <icon>0</icon>
   <creation>2012-05-30T00:34:18</creation>
   <lastaccess>2012-05-30T01:25:47</lastaccess>
   <lastmod>2012-05-30T01:25:47</lastmod>
   <expire>Never</expire>
  </entry>

No, mine does not look like this.

Here is an example of the beginning portion of an xml file exported by KeepassX:
Doesn't seem to be an export, it is the database in xml format. Please check if you have an export to xml file.

CORRECTION: It seems that you are talking about keypassX and not keypass there are not the same software! I'm sorry!

http://www.keepassx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1701

Last edited by nowhereman; 2012-06-07 at 16:20.

OK, so I have made some progress, but still having trouble.

There are currently two versions of keepass for Windows, 1.2 Classic and 2.19 Professional Edition. See here. The xml export function of version 1.2 Classic does not seem to work with Wallet. When I tried importing that file, the N9 "thinks" for a second and nothing is imported.

With version 2.19 Pro I had more luck. First I had to convert my .kdb file to .kdbx by importing in Keepass 2.19, then I exported as an unencrypted xml file with the filename "keepass.xml" and imported that into Wallet.

However, all the groups have disappeared in Wallet - everything is file under a group called "Other". Furthermore, the database is full of duplicate items, and each duplicate has retained different fields from the original. For example, where I originally had one entry called "Citibank" which had both the URL and my username and password, now I have two entries called "Citibank", and one of them has the URL, and the other one has my username and password.

To verify, I tried re-importing the XML file back into keepass (2.19), and it worked great - all my entries are filed under their proper groups, and there are no duplicate entries.

So something has gone wrong with the import into Wallet.

OK, I think I figured it out. I press the button with the two arrows to see 'Groups' instead of using 'Types' (not sure why there are these two options...) and so in fact the Groups were imported correctly. Also once I cleaned up the original keepass file, before exporting, I didn't get any duplicate entries any more. Seems keepass saves a 'history' (that I didn't know about) and in addition to that, a Recycle group, which then, when you view under 'All' in Wallet, looks like lots of duplicate entries. Deleting the Recycle group and getting rid of all history items produced a clean import.

OK, I think I figured it out. I press the button with the two arrows to see 'Groups' instead of using 'Types' (not sure why there are these two options...) and so in fact the Groups were imported correctly. Also once I cleaned up the original keepass file, before exporting, I didn't get any duplicate entries any more. Seems keepass saves a 'history' (that I didn't know about) and in addition to that, a Recycle group, which then, when you view under 'All' in Wallet, looks like lots of duplicate entries. Deleting the Recycle group and getting rid of all history items produced a clean import.
Then, no bug, it's working! Thanks
Otherwise trying to check what you were saying, it develop a small applet to convert these format to wallet format.

Converter

Hello,

it seems that copy & paste has been broken with last firmware version. It is under investigation.