Notices

Thanks Marcelo. I will be ready for the new version, when it is ready for us.

Keep up the great work.

-hal

Is there anyway to identify which id3 version a song is, and which one does Canola use? Because for some songs it won't pick up the artist tag properly (leaves it blank) but other media programs like YouAmp and MediaBox work.

I check the file on my computers with audacity and foobar2000 and the tags are correct..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

For some strange reason Canola2 b8 was running fine before I ran Canola2 Cleanup which brought up a strange bug on my end. While I cannot figure out why b8 won't run for me upon a fresh install (missing dependency - I'll run -vv and whatever other options and report back later) I did come across this very peculiar (and reproducible) oddity. If this has been reported already then forgive me.

A while ago I installed Xournal but for some reason couldn't get it to update through the app manager. it would download but couldn't install the update for whatever reason and I forgot about it. When I recently ran Canola2 Cleanup, it (predictably) hosed the most recent Canola2 beta8 install which was working nicely BUT in the process of finishing up it executed and caused failed Xournal install to successfully install (weird, right?).

To reproduce this I tried from scratch, uninstalled Canola2 and Xournal and rebooted. First grabbed Canola2 again, rebooted. Launched Canola2 which doesn't start so then I grabbed Xournal (which downloads but fails to install), rebooted again for the fun of it.

NOW the fun part. Grabbed Canola2 Cleanup and ran it, it runs through it's processes and about half way through a dialog pops up asking where I want to put Xournal in the applications menu...

I think we have a collision here.

Sorry for duplicate post: I just wanna make sure Marcelo sees it:

I have a 770 with OS2006. I began having problems with Canola 2 beta 8 after my usual MMC card became corrupted and I had to switch to another MMC card I had, although I don't know what this would have to do with Canola going bad.

Anyway, here's what's happening:

Oftentimes, when Canola tries to launch, it will go to an endless "updating media library". I have to use a StatusBar app to "kill process" in order to shut down Canola.

Even with a fresh install of Canola (after using Canola Clean-up), Canola will sporatically run VERY sluggishly. Click a button....wait 5-10 seconds, click a button...wait etc. Many times it will just hang and I have to "kill process" to shut Canola down. Only other processes running are the Google search applet on desktop, simple launcher, and Osso-Statusbar-CPU.

As far as Podcasts go:

After clicking "my feeds" and waiting a long time for the little 'C' shaped animation at the bottom to finish turning, I click a download arrow on the right. Nothing happens for a while. Eventually, a download begins to SLOWLY happen. Then as the download nears 100%, Canola freezes and reboots my 770. Upon reopening Canola, I have to try and download the podcast all over again. If the download does finish w/o a reboot, clicking to listen to download causes the 'C' to spin again, then stop with all zeros displayed for length of podcast and elapsed time. The tablet freezes up and I have to "kill process" with the statusbar app. Sometimes I get a sort of "split screen" effect where a portion of the right side of the Canola screen is duplicated followed by an auto reboot.

I have used cleanup to delete and reinstalled Canola 3-4 times (after I disabled all repositories except Maemo and Maemo Extras as Handful recommended)...still the same problems.

Help!
thanks,
Neil

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
hi Marcelo.

two days ago, Canola died. I <u> did <u> install software (4 games: tower toppler, enigma, air strike and tyrian). However I'm not certain when exactly Canola died. When I launch it, it says loading, then, without changing the display, closes.

$ Canola -vvv
Traceback (mmost recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/canola", line 19, in <module>
import encore.evas
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/encore/evas__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
ImportError: libeet.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Since I use development repositories, can you give me the entire list of Canola's dependencies, so I uninstall them manually in RedPill mode, then reinstall a clean Canola?

Thank you

Ilia

The Following User Says Thank You to iliaden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
thanks!
let me guess: one of the soft I installed updated that library and canola still looks for the old version?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
No, Canola also installs updates for it, but maybe its taken from another repo. I didn't investigate much than to see its another version.

Marcelo,

This is essentially a repost of a previous post I made in this thread, but I feel like it is warranted as I feel I am correct in my thoughts on the problem. The first time I posted I wasn't positive the issue was related to Canola. Today I am confident of exactly what I did.

I charged the N800 overnight. Unplugged it and got in the car. I played mp3s/wma's for about an hour. I paused the music and brought the N800 inside. When I got back to the N800 four hours later, I was at 23% battery left. I got another hour of playing mp3s before I got the low battery warning. This has happened a couple of times when I have paused music, but I was never confident that I was in offline mode, or that leaving it in a 90 degree car wouldn't have an effect on it. Today I am sure I was in offline mode, and the N800 was in a air condtitioned place the entire time. I had no other applications running today.

When I play podcasts, which is what I do most days, the battery lasts all day. 45 minutes of podcasts, pause for 4 hours, 30 minutes of podcasts, pause for 4 hours, 45 minutes of podcasts, pause for a few hours, download podcasts for tomorrow, all without a low battery warning.

Thanks for listening,
hal

So any ideas as to why Canola2 and Xournal are coliding ?