Notices

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
Looks excellent, can't wait to try it (both the theme and boot video, which is pretty killer)

awesome, keep it up

any news?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by Tinukedaya View Post
Thanks Lee for the link. Some of the pics might prove useful!

@cr0c0 : Well I would like to to put that on the devel so you guys can try it. But that might take time... As I never even saw linux before I bought this phone, I really have no idea how to that yet. I can do stuff in photoshop and I'm kinda able to adapt, but my learning curve is really slow. First, I'm not that young anymore, second, I really don't have much time.

So If there is some easy way to put this on devel let me know. I'm using Thememaker on windows right now...

Anyway, here is first try on a little boot video to match the theme. Hope you enjoy it. As a sidenote, I did use part of koptu3 short video.

See it here on youtube.

Let me know what you think.
Cheers
Something else that would be cool as boot video is a vault door opening... Then there would be nothing but white light behind the door or something like that.

I guess the easiest way to do that would be to make a custom Fallout 3 / New Vegas map with a vault door rigged as you want and then record it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
@tobyax: Thanx. No news sadly as I have ZERO time. I haven't been even close to my PC i the last three days. But well, you havembeen warned. The progress is gonna be slow. Sorry

@ToJa92: That might indeed look good, but not really something that I would like. For a Fallout theme, cool. But I'm upto an fully functional PIP-BOY. So an initializing video is what I'd like. Seeing as I'm not good at making videos though, I'll just stick with the one I posted. after some tweaking of course.

Cheers!

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Looking good custom icons for apps would put this over the top.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
Looking good custom icons for apps would put this over the top.
Thanks, that is indeed what I'd like to do... have to figure out how exactly though.

In the meantime if someone wants to try it, I have uploaded the theme here. updated in post #1

Just unzip into your .documents and in x-terminal do

sudo gainroot
cp -r ~/MyDocs/.documents/opt/* /home/opt/usr/share/

Then you can switch to PIP-BOY n900 theme.
It's the only way I know how to install it before I figure out how to create a deb install. :/

I just noticed the outline on the volume slider is little shifted. I'll correct that later. Let me know how it works for you.

*EDIT* Oh well. I just decided I don't like the outline on sliders at all and will remove it later...

Last edited by Tinukedaya; 2011-02-09 at 10:34.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tinukedaya For This Useful Post:
Look at pypackager for debs but I prefer py2deb but it only does source package for repos. If you want to do the icons as a seporate package look here at for instructions. The same basic instructions work on themes also. If needed I can package it for you.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Any progress on the pipboy theme? Really good up to now and got installed on my n900 as someone said custom icon/colours for things like the conversations widget would be immense. I've seen the extra d4rk themes change these. The ultimate goal would be to get it all in the style of the pip boy with no full colour icons etc.

Does anyone know a way to produce a contact shortcut that has no icon to it? The idea would be to just have a list of names in a larger font that you could click the name to bring up the contact card.

The only other option would be to have all the contacts set so the avatar was a pipboy or girl icon.

Hey,
sadly not much progress done as I really lack the time for it ATM.
Only changes done from the previous upload are the sliders, which now work and show as intended at the begining and few really unnoticable minor changes.

I'll upload the new file tomorrow and will add it to the first post. So just watch for the edit over there.

Thanks for trying it out. Any other suggestions apart from the icons? Those are on the to do list and I'm already trying to setup all stuff as per Andrew's post above.

Cheers!

Originally Posted by WildmanUK View Post
Any progress on the pipboy theme? Really good up to now and got installed on my n900 as someone said custom icon/colours for things like the conversations widget would be immense. I've seen the extra d4rk themes change these. The ultimate goal would be to get it all in the style of the pip boy with no full colour icons etc.

Does anyone know a way to produce a contact shortcut that has no icon to it? The idea would be to just have a list of names in a larger font that you could click the name to bring up the contact card.

The only other option would be to have all the contacts set so the avatar was a pipboy or girl icon.

Current Contact Widgets can't do that you would need to write a new widget. As far as the Avatar yeah you can do that just change the icon under the icon theme. I can't remember which icon it is right now but not hard to find.