The advertised purpose of the tablet. But can anyone tell me how it plays flash, java and just overall browsing? Will I have any problems with any popular sites? I'm hoping the answer is no but since I don't have access to a tablet, i cannot play with it before I buy. The only site I have heard that causes problems was youtube, is that still the case with OS2008? Do flash games work?

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Toronto
YouTube plays just fine in OS2008. It isn't as smooth as a full blown PC, but it is still very watchable (might just be the videos I've tried; letting them load fully before playing them helps).

Browsing overall works fine, though some people find the font too small by default. If that's you, then you'll be zooming in and panning around a fair bit, but even that works pretty well. I haven't really hit any sites that totally were unmanageable. Google Reader was pretty tight due to the resolution, but there are some custom CSS tricks you can do which crop out Google's useless page elements and make the site much more usable.

No Java support. JavaScript, yes. There is no JRE on the tablet AFAIK.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
scrolling some of the more picture filled pages seems to make the page jump around a bit...

Which flash games? which websites? I can test those games for you

None in particular. I mean sometimes someone links me to a flash game so I'm curious if it would work since it'll be something to pass time with. I guess you can try addictinggames.com

Flash games work fine, but the N800 doesn't have a keyboard, and that can create problems. You can even download flash games to the N800 and play them offline. I have over a hundred of them on mine. Look at the Gaming forum here on ITT. There are a lot of options.