Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
Hello,

I developed wallet for n9. Since last harmattan update (pr1.3) application was running well, I didn't detect any performance issue.
But after pr1.3 installation, application start to be very slow. App at times becomes very sluggish and is always bringing up the wait to respond/force quit message. I also detected than when I copy something into clipboard, if I try to switch to another application, it takes a long time. Also on startup application get very slow (when I suppose qt is parsing qml files?)

I was trying to figure out where is the problem, but I couldn't find anything. Moreover if I try application connected to qtcreator (debugging application) it works perfectly.

Anybody have any idea where to start to look into ?

Thank's

Protect your confidential information by installing Wallet for N9 and N900.
Visit: http://www.nowhereman.eu

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
I have none of the problems you specify. Sorry. Or be happy

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
did you check top to see whats eating up all the memory?

also maybe change the priority of smartsearch from 100 to 10 and try it out...

Can't help with a solution but I can report I'm experiencing performance issues too. The whole app is in slow motion.

The only way to get Pr1.3 running properly is a full reflash, emmc and everything. Then start installing apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
In the meantime I've used the app twice more times and it worked without any recognizable delays.

Try using the built in-app selectable keyboard and the VKB to enter the my PW. For me the slowdown only happened with the first time use of the built in selectable KB.

I experience the same problem, rebooting N9 seems to help but that's not a solution.