Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
As it's not a commerical device, the N950 might not get full support from Nokia. Here is a list of what I noticed from daily that the N950 (PR1.1)has some minor aspect of improvement. Probably we are able to solve them by oursefves...

- Support for landscape view.

Now if with slide open, only a few apps work in landscape view, such as web, calender etc. but the majority is always in protrait. There is another thread in here.
Basically we can use this method as a round about. But how about the full support? Such as the N93i or E90 in the past: If you twist screen/open it, it turns everything into landscape mode? Inc. calls menu etc.

- The camera.

The N950 has a 12MP lens, but the system only uses 7MP of it. We can use camera pro which is available free from the store, to activate the full 12MP camera. But this software has a slow launching speed; (not so good) UI; and it can't take pictures which displays full screen on N950 (with the highest quality). So maybe consider making the system camera supporting 12MP?

- Physical Keyboard

The physical is working fine with English Input. I don't know if someone has noticed, but it has issue with Chinese Pinyin Input. Basicly Chinese pinyin uses the same QWERTY as English, But it let you to choose Chinese Character if you type the pronounce in English. This input is not working with Phy. keys. Everytime time if opening the slider, it turns automatically into English, regardless of whatever language keyboard were using on visual keyboard. I don't know if N9 has same issue with BT keyboard (very likely to be). Can we fix it by editing the config file of the system?

- Vibrating

The touch screen vibrating is not working at all since beta 2 firmware. This not (that) important and maybe many people don't use it at all, but it will be good to include.

- Navigation using physical keys.

I had a bad habit of navigating webs, pdfs or calanders using the arraw keys, since s60 or maybe N810, like using laptops. Is it possible to make it, for example, scroll down if I press down arrow when reading pdf or webs? It just will make it feel more comfortable, touch screen is not always convenient...

The skype is not included in N950 PR1.1, but is in N9. So it should be possible, that someone can share the files of Skype on N9 (Skype is free isn't it?) to make it working on N950?

========================================

N950 is a great device. Despite the extra chunk, the physical keyboard and the slider form factor does make a lot fun. Not the current firmware almost ignored the phy. keys on N950. Maybe we can make it working better!

PS: The great features I missed from the mighty N900 on N950: (which may not come onto future devices at all...)

- Dual Speaker. Since N95 all the high end devices has dual speaker, but why only mono now as the iphone? Dual speak with radio is really good.

- FM transmitter. Hugely missed. Why Nokia don't do it anymore? It's superconvenient on the car!

- Stylus. iPhone fans always criticise that the N900 has an old fashioned screen, but the resistance touch screen is really accurate with a stylus.

- Microsd slot and huge storage. N900 is just mighty......

- Removable battery (we can take the battery out on N950 but it's just not that easy...)

Any problem/suggestions that you find on N950, please tell!

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I guess too much info here... Should condense them...