Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
Yes new to linux, so I'm trying to learn everything I possibly can. So if Apache allows someone to download a file from your phone than what does FTP do or do you need both Apache and FTP in order to turn your phone into a mobile server?

@ freshproduce:

Ordered it on Sept 19th through my business account.
Apache is a web page server. So you could crank up Apache on your phone and serve Spinnukur's bestiality page direct from your phone while you're trying to break the ice on that first date with whatever species you like to hang with. They can click on a AVI file showing various animal movies. I'm thinkin' you might have some use for that!

Apache also can be used to DL files over HTTP. FTP is just another way to DL or UL files quick and dirty. These can be services that can be easily stopped and started on the fly. With a desktop widget I'm thinking for the start/stop script.

DYNDNS so that you just hand out N900.dyndns.org instead of having to figure out your IP address all the time. DYNDNS has a lot of domains to pick from. Like N900.devalias.org and a host of others. I'd get in now before all the N900s are taken!

Edit: Just ordered. Figured if the certificate arrives before then I'll cancel and re-order. If not then I'll talk to my dad about trading the Amazon certificate for cash.

" October 26, 2009 - October 29, 2009" (doubt it though).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I think I will wait till next week to see from amazon, if not I will order from newegg. 559 no tax and free shiping is tempting, and newegg is way better than buy.com, at least i can exchange a doa unit from newegg easily

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by Romeo0119 View Post
Havent gotten any charge from amazon, but I did just now see n900 on newegg for 559.99 with free 3 days shipping and newegg has a release date of 11/14/09.
Newegg is pretty straight up. I kinda believe what they tell me. That's good news.

Hmm, is it even possible to get the $50 squaretrade warranty deal with newegg? Or is it just a combo thing with Amazon?

Cause the only other way it seems is to do it through their website and then you pay $76.80 which -$50 is = 26.80

And considering Newegg only saves you $23 compared to Amazon.. (I'll have to add Newegg to my list of n900 prices and where to buy). You would pay more if you want the Squaretrade warranty with the n900.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-10-21 at 04:28.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i called yesterday, and was told that the shiping was delayed from the middle of october to "before the end of october" directly from Nokia.

:/

i hate delays. especially with the pre-order done on 9/10/09.

it will be the same with my booklet 3g on thursday at best buy. it will not arrive until 11/15/09.

Is it possible that newegg get their stocks after amazon and buy.com? They're big online retailer but not as big as amazon but at the same time they got a release date and amazon doesnt. I dont know what to think

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ oakland, california
Originally Posted by simpsons View Post
i got pending 3 times and i order 2 n900, this morning i check i have only 1 pending then in afternoon become 2 pending which is $1412, now i check again it become 3 pending $2119 i dont know what is up with nokia.... i just hope everything will be corrected by tommorow and better yet i will get the device tommorrow
im with you on that. they better fix the damn thing! and send us our beloved n900s!!

I wouldn't say they get it before or after. Rather their size probably dictates how many n900s they get.

E.g. Amazon being the biggest, gets the most. Then whoever is next biggest, etc..etc..

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Hmm, is it even possible to get the $50 squaretrade warranty deal with newegg? Or is it just a combo thing with Amazon?

Cause the only other way it seems is to do it through their website and then you pay $76.80 which -$50 is = 26.80
What 50 dollars square trade deal are u refering to? Is there is promo code or something? All I see is the one from amazon for 49.99

Tags
black hole, choc santa is a priority, delete this thread, egg on toast, fokia n900000000000000 :d, i love peter, mental instatution, n900 is a hoax :p, n900 is soylent green, not-garbage thread!, november release, peter is hot, peter was here, serenity now, spam, this is daycare, this thread is dead, urge to kill rising, when will it arrive!, whiners unite, your face is a daycare, zamunda