Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
I was just looking at the post Reggie made about free wallpaper from the Maemo UI team and wondering why the "Thanks!" feature here at ITT isn't used more. I realized I have a lot of thanks to give.

Thanks to Reggie for starting this site, for making it a place I want to visit daily, for spending so much of his time doing the admin tasks like hooking up the news items to the forums and redesigning the layout, for all his efforts on behalf of us ITT users.

Thanks to Ari Jaaksi and his crew at Nokia for bringing us an affordable sensational tablet, for continually improving it, for welcoming user and blogger input to make it better, for partnering with the open-source community on this endeavor, giving back and building tools for others to use.

Thanks to the Nokia higher-ups who allowed this skunkworks initiative to prove its worth then moved it into the corporate mainstream of the N-series and Forum Nokia.

Thanks to Quim Gil for being our advocate inside Nokia and for keeping us informed on what's going on inside the pale.

Thanks to Nikolay Pultsin (aka Geometer) and Mikhail Sobolev for their tireless development of FBReader, the fabulous e-reader for the Nokia internet tablets (as well as many other platforms now).

Thanks to Daniel Gentleman, aka Thoughtfix, for his reporting on so many aspects of tablets of all sorts.

There are others in our community who have brought much insight to the forums here, posted great information in times of desperate need, ported apps or made them from whole cloth. I encourage all the members here at ITT to add the specific people they want to thank to this list.

Thanks, everyone!
Read the full article.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RogerS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I can't do more than joining your stream of thanks and thank all the people behind the Maemo software/hardware platform.

My particular "Thanks!" goes to Quim Gil for his outstanding job at keeping us constantly updated and being our advocate inside Nokia (as you've stated).

I also wanted to thank all the Maemo developer that are so kind and dedicate so much of their time to answer to our doubts, questions and trolls around the Maemo platform. They did and are doing an astonishing job.

That's open source development in a business environment. The way I see it. The way I think it should be done.

As the title clearly states: thank you.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
To many people to name and others who names I don't know, THANK-YOU and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Yes indeed, thanks to all involved, and particularly Quim.

If you only knew how hard it was getting him here in the first place...

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Let me add my voice to this chorus. I am constantly thanking the 'forum' but it is indeed the people who deserve the praise. Your list is good one (imo, the mvp goes to Mr. Gil)! Of course there are so many more unnamed, but to all, I say again, thank you very much.

The Following User Says Thank You to Greyghost For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Yes indeed, thanks to all involved, and particularly Quim.

Then work hard to keep him!

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Yes, ALL of those people deserve our most heartfelt thanks!

Happy holidays!

Tim

Posts: 211 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
Great list, RogerS! ...Your list and many more deserve our heartfelt thanks for all they've done for the Internet Tablet community.

I've been part of the Garmin community in the past when Garmin was beta-testing the StreetPilot series. I was part of the Danger/T-Mobile community when Danger was going to T-Mobile for release of the T-Mobile Sidekick. I am part of the Dash community now as part of the beta-testing of the Dash Express under the National Road Test (NRT). I am part of the Internet Tablet community now as a N800/N810 owner and developer. Nokia's IT community is one of the most dedicated and vibrant I've seen!

ITT and Nokia's dedicated community is part of what drew me to the N800 and N810, and what continues to keep me here. I hope that Nokia continues to promote and thrive with their Nseries Internet Tablets!

My heartfelt thanks and best wishes to all those named, and all those who continue to labor unnamed, in support of the Nokia Internet Tablet.

Happy Holidays!

- Ken

Last edited by promethh; 2007-12-19 at 16:59. Reason: clarification on community comparisons

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Well I have been slowly using the thanks buttons, I forget often, and post a thanks

My special thanks goes out to two people specifically..

1) Gnuite, for making the best app from scratch for the maemo platform.

2) Fanoush, without his bootmenu and flasher tools, I could not have the fun I do.

So you two have my special thanks

To Reggie, and everyone else who contributes to the forums and helps the people who are in need, Thanks!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
And thank you for that work.

Now, just get him to post a link to his Amazon wish list.

(Have one yourself?)