Active Topics

Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
The mantra of dumbed down OS...
Did the smarter OS sell well enough to make the dumber OS not an option?

Here's a hint: no

In a day and age where the most mediocre of mediocre products is still in use by a majority of people, you have to wonder if being the smartest and best is even worth it. Bimbos get all of the attention. Windows still has majority share.

Idiocy in tech is not new.

There is no return from windows. Nokia will live or die with it, unless something revolutionary pops up. Sadly the have nothing revolutionary

Originally Posted by zimon View Post

Having Samsung Galaxy S3 type of Android device with Nokia PureView camera, would steal SGS3 customers to Nokia. And there will be millions. Samsung has sold SGS2 over 20 millions.
You would not believe how many people I know who have said "Nokia make great hardware and would buy their phones if they released them with Android".

I personally would not want to see it happen but android would cause a sharp rise in shares right now. Although I can't see it being a good idea for the long haul.

Just buy more stock . Shares will triple in 2 years

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Just buy more stock . Shares will triple in 2 years

This picture is priceless

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by specc View Post
For some people multitasking is second nature. I don't think you will get more than 5% market share if your focus is on those people though. The optimum is to make multitasking invisible for everyday use, yet enable some control for those who want it. ICS seems to at least try to do it correct.
As I have cited many times from my weekly experience on Android 3.2 or 4.0 (@ Asus Transformer TF-101) :
- open many web pages in default web browser or Opera, do anything else and come back, in some cases the open web pages are reloaded, open Youtube video is restarted, etc;
- open a PDF document with the many PDF readers (Adobe Acrobat, etc), do anything else and come back, then you have a chance of loosing your document state, starting again from page 1.

There are other cases (involving programming tools, etc), but I cite the 2 above because every typical user can experience them and be aware that THERE IS NO PROPER MULTITASKING IN ANDROID ! That's it. Simple. It is silly to the have dual/quad-core processors using a so limited mobile OS.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
I used to think "real" multitasking is a necessary feature for me, but when I think it deeper, the Android has as good multitasking as Maemo/Meego.

1)
In Android, if you want your application to do something also when in the background, you should code a separate service thread which has the code which can be run also in the background. For example, you won't put any GUI-drawing or refreshing code in that thread.
In reality, many softwares for Android aren't coded as you cited (using a separated service thread).

So Android doesn't have as good multitasking as Maemo/MeeGo.
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
N9 multi~tasking is no different from iphone. Little happens in the background except for the ability to open multiple windows. N9 fails with regards to smoothness and overall transitions
Sorry, iOS doesn't have real multitasking either. Multitasking of Android, iOS and WP7 isn't proper multitasking.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Qt can't save anything. Qt is not important in the future, nokia don't want Qt when they going down the Windows road. I'm sorry to see that and sorry to say that.

Tizen is not ready yet so noone knows. Me atleast, always welcome new OSes and not like some of you are constantly angry with all OSes except one
what is new OS? Tizen? No. Wp? No...

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen