Active Topics

Hi guys, this is my 1st posting since I registered myself into this forum yesterday. I was using an N9 for about 3 weeks & then I parted with it. 2 issues that I had made me part with it.
1/ Mail for exchange: I could not send out mails. Whenever I do, there is a pop up window that says - "Connections error." There are other users facing this problem as well.
2/ Font size is too small for my eyes / blame it on my ageing eyes. PR1.1 has increased the Font size but is still non-adjustable.
3/ Whatsapp is not available in N9.
I should have waited for the PR1.1 firmware update which seems to solve some of these issues. As far as I know & as of now PR1.1 is still not available in Malaysia.
I have been told that PR1.2 should be out in the not too distance future.
I do not mind getting another N9 with PR1.2 built-in.
I have also read somewhere that this will not the last Meego phone. N10 in the pipeline or just pure rumours?
The hardware aspect is simply amazing & how I wish all Nokia smart phones (especially Symbian phones) have it. Cheers mate & have a nice week end!

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Dlff View Post
I have also read somewhere that this will not the last Meego phone. N10 in the pipeline or just pure rumours?
MeeGo is dead. Intel killed it. The N9 is a Qt phone and there will be Qt phones even after Symbian according to Nokia. This makes you wonder what OS they will be running. I think we are going to see more Linux phones from Nokia, but no more MeeGo phones.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
MeeGo is dead. Intel killed it. The N9 is a Qt phone and there will be Qt phones even after Symbian according to Nokia. This makes you wonder what OS they will be running. I think we are going to see more Linux phones from Nokia, but no more MeeGo phones.
Thanks for your reply.
This is going to make the N9 a collector's item in time to come. LOL!

You can have PR1.1 firmware for Malaysia from NaviFirm and flash it . I don't know if updatong via NSU is available

Originally Posted by soleil View Post
You can have PR1.1 firmware for Malaysia from NaviFirm and flash it . I don't know if updatong via NSU is available
SOLIEL: Thanks for your reply.
Appreciate very much if you could tell me how do you update via NSU? I normally do it via OTA.
Cheers mate!

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Get an iPhone. It works. And battery life is amazing

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Get an iPhone. It works. And battery life is amazing
Amazing? The 4S will last a whole day if you're lucky.

The Following User Says Thank You to impact For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Nokia should just start calling it Maemo 6 already.

Geez, I mean doesn't it have more in common with Maemo than MeeGo? Doesn't doesn't the N9 still use deb instead of the planned rpm?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by impact View Post
Amazing? The 4S will last a whole day if you're lucky.
please dont feed the troll

Originally Posted by Dlff View Post
SOLIEL: Thanks for your reply.
Appreciate very much if you could tell me how do you update via NSU? I normally do it via OTA.
Cheers mate!
Since you have already parted with your N9 why are you still interested to update to PR1.1?

But since you ask it is actually very simple. Just download NSU and install it on your PC. NSU will update itself to the latest version, then connect your N9 to your PC in sync mode and it will look for the updated firmware and do the rest. Be patient because it is a 1.1GB download. After completion NSU may say "update failed". Just ignore it, reboot your phone and enjoy PR1.1.

But I still wonder why you are asking.