Notices

Closed Thread
Hi, is there any way to block or unblock contacs without doing it with the yappari client, i mean something like editing a configuration file or invoking yappari with any arguments throught command line.

Thank you very much

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
No. All that information is kept on whatsapp servers, not anywhere in Yappari itself or N900.
<at least that's how I understand it>

Also, Yappari does not have any command line interface, as far as I know

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bologna
Hi,
i can save conversation?
There is a specific file?
Thank you very much

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
I normally use sqlite for that.
Code:
$ sqlite3 /home/user/.yappari/logs/<number>.dblog
sqlite> .output /home/user/MyDocs/<name>.txt
sqlite> select data from log;
sqlite> .exit
This should create a text file in MyDocs. Of course, I left out other details available in the database, such as a flag for who wrote the message, etc.

Just don't corrupt the database
Maybe it's safer to copy it somewhere else first.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2014 @ Rome, Italy
Sorry guys,
suddenly I got a strange problem. My Yappari application is always crashing after logging in. If new pending messages are present, it downloads them and then crashes while keeping the icon in the status bar as active but not working if tapped. If I check Account Info I can read that Service Expiration is July 2nd 2015, Status is Active and Service Type is free. Now I wonder if I should pay Whatsapp to get service.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by ithejoker View Post
Sorry guys,
suddenly I got a strange problem. My Yappari application is always crashing after logging in. If new pending messages are present, it downloads them and then crashes while keeping the icon in the status bar as active but not working if tapped. If I check Account Info I can read that Service Expiration is July 2nd 2015, Status is Active and Service Type is free. Now I wonder if I should pay Whatsapp to get service.
rm -r /home/user/.yappari

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Brazil
Scorpius, do you think you could implement the new blue ticking for viewed messages in the next version?

Originally Posted by Alicanto View Post
Scorpius, do you think you could implement the new blue ticking for viewed messages in the next version?
No, that won't happen. I'm not implementing any new features in Yappari, and it reaches EOL on December 31st, 2014. Also, the blue double tick is a WA 1.4 feature, and Yappari uses WA 1.2 (the old protocol).

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
Why? Are you leaving Maemo scene / coding? Not enough support, time, donations...?

Originally Posted by Fatalist View Post
Why? Are you leaving Maemo scene / coding? Not enough support, time, donations...?
Yup, it's time to move on. Most of us have moved to a different platform.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp