Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
So I recently came across Simple Mobile USA (looking for alternatives to TMO with the AT&T merger coming up). And the N900 is listed under their supported devices as '3g'

http://www.mysimplemobile.com/Simple...-Approved.aspx

Does anyone use the N900 on this carrier and if so what is the service/speeds like?

~Jeff

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "Simple Mobile USA" (1 post) has been merged into this thread.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I got a Simple Mobile Sim today and am paid up for one month of "unlimited" phone, text and Net. I was startled at how fast I got set up (I was using Tmobile before). It took less than five minutes. The APN is the word "simple" without quotes. $40 a month.

The Sim is something like $12 if you buy it from them or 1 cent + shipping if you buy it on eBay. (They also sell microSims if you have an N9.)

I have simple needs and usually use WiFi, but it's nice to have my N900 with more options. Simple Mobile works perfectly for me.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Northwest of Austin, TX
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I got a Simple Mobile Sim today and am paid up for one month of "unlimited" phone, text and Net. I was startled at how fast I got set up (I was using Tmobile before). It took less than five minutes. The APN is the word "simple" without quotes. $40 a month.

The Sim is something like $12 if you buy it from them or 1 cent + shipping if you buy it on eBay. (They also sell microSims if you have an N9.)

I have simple needs and usually use WiFi, but it's nice to have my N900 with more options. Simple Mobile works perfectly for me.
How are you liking Simple Mobile with your N900? I'm looking for something that I can get unlimited SMS and data that doesn't cost a ton. I'm currently with AT&T.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It's exactly like Tmobile. I haven't had any problems.

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It's exactly like Tmobile. I haven't had any problems.
there is a $60 plan for "4g" I think? have you tried a speed test yet? Im wondering if the $40 allows access to hspda. Also what is the cost after taxes and crap if you dont mind me asking.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
there is a $60 plan for "4g" I think? have you tried a speed test yet? Im wondering if the $40 allows access to hspda. Also what is the cost after taxes and crap if you dont mind me asking.
The $60 plan is exactly what you pay and no more although you have to have a 4G capable phone that is compatible. The same for any other plan $40 is $40 etc.. I have the $40 plan with 3G on my N900 for about a year now and I love it !

Last edited by louiegoat; 2012-03-16 at 19:13. Reason: add 3g