Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by late88 View Post
@rainisto:

cause you are so close to nokia, maybe you can explain the farce over FM radio update or why is it taking so long time the apps to get in the store? End users fault i guess...
I have no contacts to Ovi QA, so I dont have explanations. I'm also frustrated on the 7 day response times on all QA submissions that I have on my personal home projects that I have released in ovi store (I also am having one app currently in QA waiting queue... hopefully will be getting positive news at somepoint).
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by late88 View Post
Of course many advanced users know how to get the updates if store update fails. I think most of the end users rely on the store updates. Many have no clue...
I contacted Nokia Care via mail and phone on this and I guess they tried their best.
I know of at least 1 bug report in Nokia bug tracker that tells this story.
And as I'm having no clue, I just wait in hope for PR_1.3 to fix this.

I also posted this issue on Nokia forums but that is not much help if things get tough.
So this great little community and forum is the best resource not only for devs, but for N9 users too.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
99.9% of times this end users fault(/3rd party app that modifies repositiories), he has enabled developer mode and ****ed up the repositories, and/or installed something from custom repoes that messes up depencies.
89.9% of times this 3rd party app comes from guys like you (devs who test and announce here). And I often read "yeah, I know about the error messages... just ignore them and continue...". So far it always worked out for me, but I'm not installing anything anymore until PR_1.3 and proof of compatibility here.

AND often it is required to enable dev mode to install these apps.
But enabling developer mode does not **** up the repositories by itself, I guess?

I did some debugging on FF, ovi store tries to download 12.0 version of the deb and not the 13.0, and that confuses ovi store client. So someone has fuxored the version numbers...
Then this is a special problem not related to the original issue. You probably should open a new thread and share your findings.

So this issue comes down to ****ed up repositories by 3rd party apps? - Then please also share how to un**** them.
Current Maemo Community Council member

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have a fairly new N9, so I have been downloading programs from the store daily. I haven't noticed major overall problems. Sometimes something doesn't download, true, but I don't find that to be the cosmic big deal some claim it is.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
@Win7Mac: ah sorry, I just now noticed the original guestion, didnt meant to hijack this thread.

Original guestion was that N9 has troubles to download updates from some wlan AP's. Its hard to tell whats the problem there without knowing the exact manufacturer, settings, and inet environment. On some combinations download just happens to fail, sometimes its because wifi gives (or doesnt give) wrong dns servers and resolv.conf cannot find the server, etc. One thing to try might be to try download with many different wlan AP's, at your work, friends place, or internet coffee.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
I have had failed updates so rarely that I can't even remember the cases. So from my point of view these are exceptions, not a rule. And I have developer mode enabled. And I use terminal a lot for everyday tasks. And I have to agree with @rainisto that from my experience with N9 in most cases users/3rd party apps are to blame for issues. Linux and openness gives you "power", but with power comes responsibility. If you are not ready to deal with consequences of tweaking your phone's operation further than what GUI provides - then just don't do it. Be responsible and do not blame NOKIA for giving you opportunity to unlock "power" and use the device up to your liking and knowledge.
But that is not the case with FF13 - it is just wrong file/version in OVI. Nothing to do with above. So here we can blame QA.

Last edited by zlatko; 2012-06-12 at 09:06.

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Linux and openness gives you "power", but with power comes responsibility. If you are not ready to deal with consequences of tweaking your phone's operation further than what GUI provides - then just don't do it. Be responsible and do not blame NOKIA...
I don't blame anybody for anything about the N9, I'm very happy with this superb device and its superior OS over Android, iOS, WP whatever... My data is my property and I don't like propietary systems only for the companies interests and my unconvenience...
So here I am.

I didnt meant to hijack this thread.
You don't and I'm glad you chimed in. The fuxored version numbers for FF 13.0 in Ovi-store only might draw some attention to this problem, which the advanced users already know how to circumvent, but which is still unsolved for simple users who don't know.
We're asking here because you CAN provide solutions Nokia-forum simply won't. But I guess I'll have to turn on NSU again to get PR_1.3 when it's time and hope it will fix it.

If not, we'll continue how to resolve this.
PLEASE!?
Current Maemo Community Council member

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2012-06-12 at 23:33.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one getting the "Download Failed" error message when trying to process the FireFox 13 software update.

Finally i update my N9 I have 2 same modems (adb broadband) on 2 differnet places and can't update with them,but i try on friend modem (huawei hg520c) and updates normaly,also download mozilla from ovi store which i cano't download with wlan from my modem...

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Rovaniemi, Finland
I also had this problem with update failing througt WLAN. Surfing with phones browser was working normally.

I changed my DLink dir-825 routers Wireless network settings.
Cypher type: TKIP
and
NOKIA N9 Wlreless settings to Only WPA2

Now updating goes fast!

Router WPA mode is auto (WPA or WPA2).