Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
There's also a Facebook support page she mentioned earlier in the thread IIRC.
Plus there's another thread at forum.meego.com....
Yeah man I'll try FB support, I mean this App is also designed to cut costs for us, and it's going the other way around, even on Idle (when it's open but not sending any messages), it keeps pumping my Data Bundles. The thing is if U on a contract phone or using Wifi, U won't notice anything.... But with Pre-Paid U will

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Are these normal Jalyst?

As U can see my Internet & 3G are turned off, no Background Apps, no FB, no Twitter, Ebuddy is off too, but look at the consumtion , before I installed Ebuddy, my Idle played around 0% to 15% with 3G and Twitter and Email on, now they all off but the battery is draining!
I noticed on my phone that sometimes my idle consumption starts increasing from "normal" 10-20 to 70 mA and it has something to do with eBuddy. When I turn off the push notifications form settings the idle consumption goes down now even to 7mA. I usually reinstall XMS and the problem goes away for a while, But I don't know if it is XMS related or it has something to do with the push system - internet connection.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by mirondanro View Post
I noticed on my phone that sometimes my idle consumption starts increasing from "normal" 10-20 to 70 mA and it has something to do with eBuddy. When I turn off the push notifications form settings the idle consumption goes down now even to 7mA. I usually reinstall XMS and the problem goes away for a while, But I don't know if it is XMS related or it has something to do with the push system - internet connection.
Unfortunately my experience went for the worst and I sadly deleted mine, funny part, the phone is back to normal. I'll wait for the final version.

How do I completely remove all files related to it so that when reinstall it, it doesn't get affect the new one?

you probably can find eBuddy files here:

/home/user/.local/share/data/eBuddy

I am also noticing high battery drain while using eBuddy xms. I can run my phone all day chatting away on various IM's as well as sending and receiving emails but as soon as I load eBuddy up battery life just tanks.

Originally Posted by mirondanro View Post
you probably can find eBuddy files here:

/home/user/.local/share/data/eBuddy
Sorry for a dumb question but how do I get to that destimation? Do I need to plug in PC or through Developer mode?

Sorry for a dumb question but how do I get to that destimation? Do I need to plug in PC or through Developer mode?
Developer mode using terminal.

The Following User Says Thank You to BW~Merlin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BW~Merlin View Post
I am also noticing high battery drain while using eBuddy xms. I can run my phone all day chatting away on various IM's as well as sending and receiving emails but as soon as I load eBuddy up battery life just tanks.
This is before & after I uninstalled Ebuddy!

Before: Almost 1 hours 48 after Fully Charging the Battery

Name:  2012-01-23_09-00-58.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  23.6 KB

After: Almost 4 hours after Fully Charging the Battery

Name:  2012-01-25_13-14-45.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  24.4 KB

My data bundles seem stable too now! By the way check the other difference, my 3G is off on first screen, my 3G is On on the 2nd screen

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-01-25 at 11:34.

In the future you can also use a file manager (search the nokia store). Don't forget to select show hidden files.

The Following User Says Thank You to mirondanro For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
This is before & after I uninstalled Ebuddy!

Before: Almost 1 hours 48 after Fully Charging the Battery

Attachment 24747

After: Almost 4 hours after Fully Charging the Battery

Attachment 24748

My data bundles seem stable too now! By the way check the other difference, my 3G is off on first screen, my 3G is On on the 2nd screen
If everything's completely back to normal w/idle consumption once XMS is gone.
Then perhaps consumption's due a run-away process pulling more data than necessary.