I couldn't wait to get home to play with my Nokia N900. It was all fine until I played with the camera. 'Operation Failed' I thought no big deal so I restarted the phone; Same results. Then I thought its the software so I updated the firmware. It FROZE AT 1 SEC REMAINING OF THE SECOND PHASE!! Now I dont know what to do...

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
have you tried re-flashing it again?
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

If only the phone would power on. It turns on for like 1 sec flashes NOKIA and then it turns off

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
even with the usb cable plugged in?
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

The Following User Says Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
you sure the battery is charged? are you able to charge the battery while the phone is off?

how did you flash the firmware?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archebyte For This Useful Post:
Even with the USB in. My comp doesnt detect it. I used PC suite..... Its charged, i think? It charges through the usb port anyway but it wont charge correctly now. It charges shuts off and detects the charger and charges

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Originally Posted by N900dweeb View Post
Even with the USB in. My comp doesnt detect it. I used PC suite..... Its charged, i think? It charges through the usb port anyway but it wont charge correctly now. It charges shuts off and detects the charger and charges
Remove the battery and re-insert it. Try charging it again directly using the charger instead of the USB cable. The device will flash yellow during charging and green when done.

If I recall correctly, the PC Suite does not flash the N900. Are you using XP? If the Nokia Software Updater doesn't work for you, take a look here

To make sure the battery is fully charged, I'd suggest putting your N900's battery into your 5800 handset and charge it to full. Then swap it back into the N900

Originally Posted by archebyte View Post
Remove the battery and re-insert it. Try charging it again directly using the charger instead of the USB cable. The device will flash yellow during charging and green when done.

If I recall correctly, the PC Suite does not flash the N900. Are you using XP? If the Nokia Software Updater doesn't work for you, take a look here
Ok imma try it when i get home

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
same problem i had mate. 1 second left on NSU and then thats it.

it seems like this is gonna be a problem for a lot of N900 users. NSU bricks some of the phones.

im gonna test tonight another battery and see if it works to. i think nokia need to make some sort of recovery proccess as this isnt working out.

try this. put your 5800 fully charged battery in your n900.
then
1. remove battery
2. connect USB cable
3. start flasher-3.5 from command line
4. insert battery
5. flashing starts

Last edited by felbutss; 2009-11-27 at 02:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to felbutss For This Useful Post:

Tags
lack of quality control