Posts: 9 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Belfort, France
Hi all,

I have recently developed and uploaded a new app for the N900: Timed Silencer. This app can be used to schedule daily switching to the silent profile and back to the general one.

This is a feature I was missing in the N900 so I decided to program it. There was an existing app for this (silencer) but it lacks functionalities and its UI is not really intuitive.

Timed Silencer is developed in C++/Qt 4.6.2 (so it requires PR 1.2 firmware). Its UI is very similar to the one of the Clock/Alarms application so users should be familiar with it. It is possible to define several profile switching events and use different timing settings for each day of the week.

Timed Silencer v0.6 is currently in extras-testing repository and I hope it can get into extras soon. To get promoted, it requires reviews and feedback.

Project page (with source code):
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/timedsilencer/

Package page:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/timedsilencer/

I hope other people will find it useful too.
Attached Images

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to hydr0g3n For This Useful Post:
The application is currently available in English, French and Chinese (Simplified).

If you are interested in translating it into your own language, please contact me (dchris <at> gmail <dot> com).

is it possible to incorporate the option that you can change the silent mode to an additional profile.

For example: I'd like Timedsilence to set the profile to silence from 00.00 until 08.00. I'd like to set my work profile (created with "Tweakr" from 08.00 untill 18.00 and from 18.00 untill 00.00 + in the weekends i'd like my general profile.

Hope that this is possible

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I thanked you above, but just wanted to drop in and say Thanx and bump you for a really useful App!!

Sure, this is possible and this is actually the next thing I would like to work on. The thing is I'm leaving on vacation now so I'll work on this when I come back.

Great!

can't wait untill the next update. Enjoy your holiday!

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Thailand
This should save me when I'm forget to turn my profile to Silent!
Thanks!

Hello - I am currently using System Event Scheduler to do the same thing. Does this do something extra?

Hello, I have a problem with this application TimedSilencer, install the first version and upgrade to the latest version, now the phone is put me in silence at 4 pm and 11 pm, I formatted the phone but the terminal is still putting in silence at that time. Could I indicate how to delete this? I tried installing versions but do not detect these times.

Thank you.

PS: Sorry for the English, is translation of google.

Originally Posted by Harlock_ox View Post
Hello, I have a problem with this application TimedSilencer, install the first version and upgrade to the latest version, now the phone is put me in silence at 4 pm and 11 pm, I formatted the phone but the terminal is still putting in silence at that time. Could I indicate how to delete this? I tried installing versions but do not detect these times.

Thank you.

PS: Sorry for the English, is translation of google.
Install TimedSilencer v0.7. On Startup, it will delete all the events that were lost. Only the ones that appear in the interface and that are activated will work.

If you still have issues after updating to v0.7, then the events for 4pm/11pm were probably set by another software (not TimedSilencer). TimedSilencer will only delete events that belong to it.