Originally Posted by Farooq View Post
Can anyone confirm that internet usb dongles will work with this.
And one thing more if i have its software developed for Windows XP how can i port that for N900.
It will be great if i can use the internet USB dongle with N900.
The last thing is that will there b any possibility in the future that there will be 1 female to 2 female adapter cable(one micro and one standard) used with the N900. one for the charging and one for the USB OTG.

Regards
will any one help please

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Brilliant work! Can't wait to try this on my phone, now I can finally use my usb stick with my n900.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
I fully understand the awesomeness of this project, and this is not a dig, but are there any good USB devices that do something better than the N900 already does?
Input devices. Joysticks, Gamepads, Dance Mats. Of course also keyboards and mice which (in combination with TV-Out and Easy Debian) could make for a ultraultraportable Desktop experience. Another good use is when you need to collect data from different people (i.e. at the end of a holiday, you want to copy all photos directly via USB from the cameras / a card reader). I'd also like to find an ambient display kind of thing (something like the Ambient Orb) that can then be used (with some scripting on the N900 side) to subtly notify me about incoming mail, a broken service or something else that needs my attention.

Or use an USB sound card to give your N900 a line in for recording audio directly from an analog source.

There's a wide variety of USB crap gadgets out there for you to choose from

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
kernel-power with hostmode added into it.
http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/hostmod..._2010/power40/
Download all packages there and dpkg -i them, no step by step tuts since it is after all... for power users.
Can you please post or give a link to source or patches so one (me for example ) to be able to implement PR 1.3 kernel patches (if not already included). I am asking because massive responsiveness improvement reported after PR1.3 upgrade seems to be because there are several fixes in stock kernel re swap management (among other things). Did not check in garage, so sorry if this kernel source is available there.

And thanks for your efforts on hostmode project

Last edited by freemangordon; 2010-11-09 at 11:08. Reason: typo

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
is this the link to the wiki page on this matter?
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Hardware_USB_Host

if it is, i hope it will be updated

and if possible, anyone who has compiled/mods drivers for a certain devices to work could share it with others in the wiki

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Farooq View Post
Can anyone confirm that internet usb dongles will work with this.
this has already been answered in this thread.

And one thing more if i have its software developed for Windows XP how can i port that for N900.
you probably can't.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Can you please post or give a link to source or patches so one (me for example ) to be able to implement PR 1.3 kernel patches (if not already included).
this is a modified 1.3 kernel.
all the patches can be found here (as always).

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
If your phone turns off after closing hen then the battery ran out, when you close hen, bme is started again, and if that finds the battery low it will shutdown the device, I'm assuming you didn't read the help screen, the battery meter is not updated when bme is off.

Also, don't blame hen for your slow device, we made a lot of tests on it and it does not increase load on the CPU at all, nor does it risk damaging your device, but I'd like to thank a certain member for spreading ******** (BS if it gets censored) about it.
i hope you are not talking about me cuz there are many members who you just *@#!~ up their devices and we all read the warning and the wiki and we felt safe

If your phone turns off after closing hen then the battery ran out, when you close hen, bme is started again, and if that finds the battery low it will shutdown the device, I'm assuming you didn't read the help screen, the battery meter is not updated when bme is off.

Also, don't blame hen for your slow device, we made a lot of tests on it and it does not increase load on the CPU at all, nor does it risk damaging your device, but I'd like to thank a certain member for spreading ******** (BS if it gets censored) about it.
Hi can you please upload videos of using different usb devices with this Application.
Thanks for the work u did,

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
kernel-power with hostmode added into it.
http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/hostmod..._2010/power40/
Download all packages there and dpkg -i them, no step by step tuts since it is after all... for power users.
For thoes who dont know.
Run this:
Code:
dpkg -i kernel-power_2.6.28-maemo40_armel.deb kernel-power-modules_2.6.28-maemo40_armel.deb kernel-power-flasher_2.6.28-maemo40_armel.deb hostmode-gui_0.2-2_armel.deb
You might get dependancy error on i2c-tools.
If so you can run:
Code:
apt-get install i2c-tools
And after that install hostmode-gui_0.2-2_armel.deb again:
Code:
dpkg -i hostmode-gui_0.2-2_armel.deb
Lets hope I got it right, it worked for me atleast.
Thx Kalos for the help before.

The Following User Says Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, detection, h-e-n, hostmode, speed, usb host