Notices

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
uboot is directly attached to a kernel. Installing uboot from repos will install the stock kernel with uboot attached. Maybe titan or anyone else could split the kernel power package into two packages: one with uboot attached and one without. So everyone could decide by himself whether to use uboot or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
Maybe titan or anyone else could split the kernel power package into two packages: one with uboot attached and one without. So everyone could decide by himself whether to use uboot or not.
I'm currently working on this solution. The main problem is finding a proper packaging scheme compatible with HAM.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to titan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
look forward to this titan , i lukily had no problems with u-boot but appreciate your position with so many having problems , i likewise support the request for power kernel with or without u-boot allowig users to choose whih suits them.

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
Originally Posted by titan View Post
I'm currently working on this solution. The main problem is finding a proper packaging scheme compatible with HAM.
Thanx 4 working on our requests and keeping us updated.
Debian

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Where is the problem? Doesn't a different naming scheme suffice? Like kernel-power vs kernel-power-uboot. I guess all other related packages don't need to be changed, right? Like modules for kernel-power (kernel depends on modules not vice versa), k-p-settings (doesn't have to depend on kernel or could at least depend on one of them) or uboot related tools.

I had the issue of the battery going flat and then the device not powering on/sticking in a reboot loop and not charging.

I got around it by pressing the "u" button and then plugging the mains charger in,whlie the device was in the reboot loop. This then enabled the device to charge and I was back in with no issues.

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
Any one noticing a drop in fps in avi's? Mine seems a bit laggy, especially in pan and action shots? (Im on 46)
Debian

Last edited by Ele-Mental; 2010-11-19 at 11:14.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
I think the tail is wagging the dog here...

Instead of pulling from the devel repo and reporting problems with new features with that version. We should instead be reporting and Voting on version 42 in testing.

>> http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing/QA_Checklist

>> http://maemo.org/packages/package_in....6.28-maemo42/

That way this testing version either gets promoted or bugs get squashed and the subsequent versions in devel move up the queue...

Those wanting to report bugs with the devel versions should:

...Be ready to file proper bug reports instead of posting complaints.
Expected problems: crashes, battery drain, poor system performance, full disk space & more...
Life as it should be.

For those interested in overclocking with PR1.3, version 42 in testing has worked fine for me with none of the other problems reported in this thread.

Camera works, mass storage works...

SLN member # 009

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Instead of pulling from the devel repo and reporting problems with new features with that version. We should instead be reporting and Voting on version 42 in testing.
>> http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing/QA_Checklist
>> http://maemo.org/packages/package_in....6.28-maemo42/
That way this testing version either gets promoted or bugs get squashed and the subsequent versions in devel move up the queue...
correct. please note: the package to vote for is
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in....6.28-maemo42/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to titan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by titan View Post
Sounds good, I was actually pleased to have uBoot included in Kernel-Power45, an easy way to get that working. One kernel including all the goodies