Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
Hi guys, i recently did a firmware re-install then a backup restore. when i open the media player all my music files appear duplicated but when i open the .sounds file in file box the appear to be fine. does anyone know a quick and easy way to remove the duplicated songs without having to do it one song at a time?

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Indonesia
Originally Posted by carlon View Post
Hi guys, i recently did a firmware re-install then a backup restore. when i open the media player all my music files appear duplicated but when i open the .sounds file in file box the appear to be fine. does anyone know a quick and easy way to remove the duplicated songs without having to do it one song at a time?
the problem could be on your tracker databases. close your media player, and reset the databases using command:
Code:
tracker-processes -r
after done, open media player, and browse your music file. it would reindex all your music files.

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Download tracker-cfg and rebuild ur databases..guess ur database is corrupted...try it & hit back...

@funkmunk and coredumb, thanks guys but neither suggestion worked
anymore?

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
well if u say filebox shows only single files then the duplicate files have to exist somewhere if u can still play them....

i agree, the strange thing is that in both file box and the native n900 file manager the audio files show perfectly, but when i open the media player and select an album all the songs appear duplicated and are played twice