Originally Posted by Eric G View Post
Not as long as T-9 on an N95 and just a little faster than on my work-provided Blackberry.<br>
<br>
And I think if the point is to convey information it is a fair trade off to take extra time to compose instead of forcing your intended audience to take extra time to listen. The only real downside to sending a text is that inflection is lost, so you'd better take extra time to make sure sarcasm (for example) is stated as such. But that's where emoticons and tags come in handy!
Now I've spent more time with the N900's keyboard, I'm finding pretty good and infinitely superior to using predictive text.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Last edited by fnordianslip; 2009-12-05 at 19:26. Reason: br tags left in somehow

Originally Posted by fnordianslip View Post
Now I've spent more time with the N900's keyboard, I'm finding pretty good and infinitely superior to using predictive text.
I'm finding that the keyboard takes me longer. But then again I was the king of predictive text. Super fast and I didn't even have to look at the screen/phone at all.

I can still send morse code faster than i can type on the N900's keybd though
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Originally Posted by fnordianslip View Post
i can still send morse code faster than i can type on the n900's keybd though
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -- .

..-. --- ..-. ..-.
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Originally Posted by vasputin View Post
I've missed bunch of calls because of this. Also while talking on bluetooth, and if you get another call coming in, it puts automatically first caller on hold. Really crap.
Oh my god! This is horrible. Worse than i feared! I totally agree with vasputin. Why are the phone functions so neglected?
If youre not connected on bluetooth, just in the middle of a call, does another incoming call put the first one on hold? Or does that only happen if youre on bluetooth?

I would love to buy this phone, just to give it a go, and see how it goes, but at this price, i dont think i (and many other people) will be able to do that. If its price was more like that of the N97 mini, i would already have bought it, and since being a lot cheaper my expectations would be lower too. But like this? There's no point buying this phone yet unless youre a 100% geek.

Last edited by theonlymac; 2009-12-05 at 22:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to theonlymac For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by theonlymac View Post
If youre not connected on bluetooth, just in the middle of a call, does another incoming call put the first one on hold?
No, of course not.

I also bought an N900 before christmas, and the microphone stopped working the first day. The retailer replaced the phone but within one week the ear peice stopped working. I agree with forum member that the Nokia Claim: "It is an Internet Tablet Device with Phone Functionality added", but it is not a very good Internet device as many websites are not rendered or function properly with it and the added phone functionality was very poorly implemented. In my opinion, after owning every model of the Communicator, and N95, N96,97 and 5800, the N900 the worst phone I have ever owned. It has become a common practice for Nokia to pass quality control testing to customers who are paying full retail prices for their products. How can a company with so much phone manufacturing experience produce a device with phone functionaliy that doesn't address the primary, and basic functionality of a phone, simply for 2 parties to speak and hear one another. Afterall it is 2010 not 1980.

yup my keyboard broke cuz it slid about too much (whole rubber part with keys attched) and the top left hand side of the keyboard keys creeked when pressed untill they died and lost bounce n just rocked about lol. phone went back geting a refund. bag of **** lol

Bluetooth my ***..i never used it! I will knock your whitetooth for making dumb useless thread! Just because you use BlueTEETH....does that mean everyone does!

Tags
bluetooth, fanbois, idiot in noob clothing, noise, nokia n900, ring, screen