Posts: 181 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bahrain
Originally Posted by dannejanne View Post
Thank you the dead one...

My N9 was literally stone cold dead after laying totally discharged for a couple of days. Forgot to turn it off when I left home.

As I have Nitdroid on it I thought that has messed things up as the Nokia logo would not even show. The white led just lighted up for like 20 seconds after putting it in charger then nothing. Just dead.

I entered the flasher commands in cmd as you said and it took like 20 plug/unplugs into the computer before it actually came somewhat to life and flasher registered the device.

Thanks again!

edit: if I would continue with the flash (might be healthy for my phone) would that work seeing as I have Nitdroid with Android Jelly Bean installed on it? Would things get corrupted somehow if I clean flash it like normal?

dont worry, its fixable without flashing
i have been through this lately, and i thought i was doomed but found a solution
switch off your phone, open flasher (i suppose you know that part so i'll just skip it)
when you're in flasher dialogue just type the flash command and connect your phone..it will take sometime but it will connect and flasher will say that you dont have sufficient battery,
DONT CLOSE THE FLASHER AFTER THAT
This is the main part, DONT CLOSE IT..IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY START CHARGING YOUR PHONE. wait till it reaches 10% and then you can connect to wall charger or just close the flasher and switch it on.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alee For This Useful Post:
Phone alive and kicking again. Thanks both of you.

Help please i tried the things posted here and still my N9 doesn't boot,it booted as far as when you choose a timezone and set the time then it suddenly turns off

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by mray034 View Post
Help please i tried the things posted here and still my N9 doesn't boot,it booted as far as when you choose a timezone and set the time then it suddenly turns off
Do you have any data to lose? If not do a reflash...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Do you have any data to lose? If not do a reflash...
well i tried reflashing and followed the steps here,but when i reboteod the phone and got in the setting the timezone/time part,i pressed the timezone part to change it then it turns off again Yes I have data to lose that I wish I can recover because the previous posts here said that data/contacts/etc weren't lost

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
a reflash loses your data... Pls read or ask first as i am pretty sure nobody has mentioned that a reflash keeps your data intact.

you may have to do a full rootfs+emmc flash but beforehand try using the fix malf state instructions to get your device mounted to extract your data...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
yup correct...hope it works out for you
Please is it possible you pm me we gave to discuss my phone problem

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
Originally Posted by n9mo View Post
i'm wondering:
he said he turned the phone off...how come it discharged the battery then, how is that even possible?
i had the same issue i powered down the n after one week. i tried to powered on no chance.

the battery is new spare part. the battery was by 0 % how can it be possible?

now its loading an by 4 %

I would take this N9 to holidays.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ India
well i would just plug it into the 2amp out wall charger put it face down and leave it overnight