Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Because of a regression in 0.4.1 I just pushed 0.4.2. This version includes two fixes:
  • Bugfix: Reduced time to show search note window from ~5 to ~1 second
  • Bugfix: Removed crasher with empty .conboy directory

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Hi! Thanks a bunch for putting Conboy together, Conny!

I know you probably have more stuff planned but if I could put in a vote for the 'backlinks' plugin, I'll do cartwheels while playing Yankee Doodle on a kazoo. (Yes, it would make me that happy.)

I don't think Tomboy has this but if there was a way to define templates or quick-to-tap entries of strings of info, I'd be even happier.

Having said that, thanks once again. The program is really great!

The Following User Says Thank You to Brushwoodthicket For This Useful Post:
This is really, really fantastic!
...It would be the Jesus app if it had a home screen applet

Last edited by Picklesworth; 2009-05-15 at 22:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to Picklesworth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Brushwoodthicket View Post
Hi! Thanks a bunch for putting Conboy together, Conny!
Thank you Brushwoodthicket, it's always nice to hear that somebody likes your app

I know you probably have more stuff planned but if I could put in a vote for the 'backlinks' plugin, I'll do cartwheels while playing Yankee Doodle on a kazoo. (Yes, it would make me that happy.)
You're right, there is more stuff planned, but the order is not yet decided... I'll try to move the wish list to garage soon, then it should be easier for people to contribute ideas. I'll put the backlinks feature on that list too.

I don't think Tomboy has this but if there was a way to define templates or quick-to-tap entries of strings of info, I'd be even happier.
Could you elaborate on that a bit? I'm not sure that I know what you mean.

Having said that, thanks once again. The program is really great!
You're very welcome

Originally Posted by Picklesworth View Post
This is really, really fantastic!
...It would be the Jesus app if it had a home screen applet
Thanks a lot An applet would really be nice - it's on my wish list too The only problem (as usual) is that I don't have much free time and there are still many more things to do...

If someone wants to help, please step forward!

I just released Conboy 0.4.3 which includes two important bug fixes and some UI polish for Fremantle and a search bar.
This is probably the latest 0.4.x version. Next will be 0.5.x with some new features and it will support translations

New in this release:
  • Added search bar to search through notes
  • Added Fremantle specific code for finger friendly UI
  • Bugfix: Removed crasher when editing the title
  • Bugfix: Removed crasher when adding notes while the search window is open

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Hi, again. To clarify my 'clear as mud' statement on template/tap text stuff...

There was an old Palm program called MemoLeaf I liked. One reason being that you could write little text memo and define it as a template. There was then a template chooser that when you had a new memo, you could pick a template from a memo so all you had to do was fill it in (just saved time on re-typing project or meeting outlines).

The other feature was similar in that you could define key phrases (or time/date stamps) that were one touch away.

I used this all mainly for a GTD (Getting Things done ) task/project system. I see Conboy as being more versatile and with a quick search or backlinks options, it would have all that power and more.

I know everybody has their systems and approaches so I won't bore you with further details.

If I'm still unclear (as my wife always says I hve the communication skills of a rock), please let me know!

Take care.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
Unfortunately - it segfaults for me
I don't even know why.

Originally Posted by XTC View Post
Unfortunately - it segfaults for me
I don't even know why.
Which version are you using? There was a problem with 0.4.1 that it was crashing if you had an empty or no .conboy directory. The bug report is here.

Hi Brushwoodthicket,

I added your suggestions to the "Feature Requests" tracker on Garage. Here you can see them:
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...=920&atid=3443
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...=920&atid=3443

Still, I donŽt think I will do this anytime soon as I first would like to implement some other things... But weŽll see

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:

Tags
conboy, grauphel