Notices

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Alright , now as i have started to divert my attentions to queen beecon i was wondering that there should a proper thread having useful codes for the noobs to use and practice queen beecon on their own .
i dont know how the QB experts will react but seriously this queen beecon is really a awesome and we(noobs) too wanted to have it's awesomenesss :P

what do you guys think (other than experts) :P

All the updates mentioned in this thread so far

for the one's who have started using qbw for the first time .
do these step.
1- just go through the settings from top to bottom and remind what's in it , it will help you to understand the things in this thread.
2- just take one command from the link below from the 1st update.
and keep on practicing .
one thing to notice codes of one or two lines will always be used as add cmd
so just copy a code and add it into cmd and follow the rest of the instructions.

1st update

usefull codes and instructions to get started

there you go guys.
the wiki page with useful codes as i had asked

http://wiki.maemo.org/Desktop_Comman...Widget_scripts

and the instructions

Most of it is cheatable i.e. codes are online or just importing txt. what do you want?

The a b c is pretty simple (when i first installed QBW i uninstalled promptly because i was so confused, but it's much easier than it looks)

Height + width are self explanatory. At the top where it says 'show' and then 'visible', changing it to 'invisible' will make the widget invisible, which i use for my transparent lock widgets. This can also be done by leaving 'command title settings' box blank. If you want a custom icon, dump the .png image to /home/user/.images/queen_beecon_dir and then in 'command title settings' box put imagename.png. 'Angle' lets you have it upside down or on its side, which is how we do the portrait screens, and 'scale' lets you change the size of the image itself. Position lets you change where in the width + height the image appears. When you create a beecon widget it has a title (you do 'add cmd' and add a title and command, the title will appear on the widget), to remove that, under 'command title settings' you'll see 'position' on the bottom line, change to 'hidden'

The 6 boxes above that (with <0 =0 =1 etc) make all blank

Command results settings is the same as above but for the results, if you have any (for my icons above there are no results, only title).

Then you have 'frames', set to disable if you don't want the widget to animate when you click it.

Lastly you have the update policies and GPS location - just say 'yes' or 'no' depending on what you want it to do - typically i just say 'yes' for 'desktop' and 'click'

Hope that helps

ETA: occasionally you'll see on here someone attach a .txt file for QBW. Save that to MyDocs, and in QBW go to 'advanced', scroll down, import file to buffer, select the .txt file, then import buffer to beecon, and save. That will give you the exact widget someone else made, like the weather widgets people put up.

2nd update

link to make music player buttons with QBW
ok guys an update :P .
i am going for it now , try and share your work

Scroll down a few posts to #2685, by Switch, for the QBW music instructions http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2685

There are different icons further down the page, the icons in above link are abit smaller . this page has the bigger one, look for Switch_ post http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2885 i think he posted another style a bit further on too

3rd update

make shortcuts with QBW of menu apps
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr /com/nokia/HildonDesktop/AppMgr com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr.LaunchApplication string:"<application name here>"

this the command to use any application you wanted to have as a qbw ,)

HOW TO USE
go to usr/share/applications/hildon
here you will see applications with .desktop at the end of their name
just ignore the .desktop and paste the rest of the name of the app at the end of the code.
like if you wanted to have x terminal just write ''osso-xterm'' as osso-xterm.desktop is written in the directory.

just copy the code , add a new beecon and go to add cmd put a title and paste the command and your beecon is ready

usr/share/applications/hildon
doesn't have .desktop file for contact so download the attached .txt file and place it in /home/user/MyDocs

now go into settings of a new QBW and then go to advance scroll down , find and click import file to buffer and it will take you to MyDocs find the .txt file and click on it and then click import buffer to beecon and the it will take you back to the settings window , click save and the widget is ready , click on it to open it or use save and run option to save and automatically open the app .

4th update

" how to make an qbw widget invisible "
although it has been mentioned above in first update but still to make it easy ...
go into the settings of the beecon and as highlighted in the screenshot find this button and click on it then choose hidden it will make your beecon invisible

5th update

You can call it a small alternative to QBW .
courtesy MohammadAG
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60251

open this link and install the package either by .deb attached below or from the app manager .
i recommend using app manager .
then go into xterminal and type phone-control without root .
it will show you the list of commands which we can use in qbw .

thanks to jakiman for the qbw code

code
echo "phone-control --[code]" | sudo gainroot

example which jakiman gave me .
echo "phone-control --call (number without brackets)" | sudo gainroot

Update 6
Have access to menu using QBW

Code:
 dbus-send --type=signal --session /com/nokia/hildon_desktop com.nokia.hildon_desktop.set_state int32:128
steps

1- add a new qbw on desktop
2- go to add cmd
3- add title
4- add the above code in the second box
5- press save&run
and
6- enjoy

example
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=14

courtesy "arcean"

this is all possible just cause of richwhite for helping me through out my experience :P
and no no no yes for the queen beecon and commands :P
Attached Files
File Type: txt QBW Code for contact.txt (1.7 KB, 253 views)
File Type: deb phone-control_0.2-4_all.deb (10.2 KB, 203 views)

Last edited by eefo; 2011-07-28 at 06:13.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to eefo For This Useful Post:
My Pakistani brother .. Saw very few here.. Back to topic.. m with ya

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saadgadit For This Useful Post:
lol
sorry guys for the language i am about to use
as it good to see some white dots in a dark place

o khair :P
pai g :P
where are you from ?

p.s TMO is not a dark place :P

The Following User Says Thank You to eefo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eefo View Post
lol
sorry guys for the language i am about to use
as it good to see some white dots in a dark place

o khair :P
pai g :P
where are you from ?

p.s TMO is not a dark place :P
o pa gi teri khair howe .. m from karachi

Originally Posted by saadgadit View Post
o pa gi teri khair howe .. m from karachi
lol
from karachi and punjabi :P
strange but awesome

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
ha! yes i can see the purpose of this thread, qbw is extremely intimidating to the uninitiated!

maybe it'd help if you guys said what widgets you want so that others can tell you how to do it?

eefo, that code i gave you earlier came from the desktop command execution widget wiki. Do a search on this forum for desktop command execution widget and find the original thread, probably is [ANNOUNCE] desktop command execution widget. in the first post of that is a link to the wiki page and it's full of commands, just input it like i explained to you earlier.

(after a reboot, the widgets will say 'to be updated!), to hide that message, under 'command results settings' on the bottom row is a bow that will say 'center' or 'top' 'bottom' etc, just change it to 'hidden'

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
ha! yes i can see the purpose of this thread, qbw is extremely intimidating to the uninitiated!

maybe it'd help if you guys said what widgets you want so that others can tell you how to do it?

eefo, that code i gave you earlier came from the desktop command execution widget wiki. Do a search on this forum for desktop command execution widget and find the original thread, probably is [ANNOUNCE] desktop command execution widget. in the first post of that is a link to the wiki page and it's full of commands, just input it like i explained to you earlier.

(after a reboot, the widgets will say 'to be updated!), to hide that message, under 'command results settings' on the bottom row is a bow that will say 'center' or 'top' 'bottom' etc, just change it to 'hidden'

man you are great :P
thanks again !

there you go guys.
the wiki page with useful codes as i had asked

http://wiki.maemo.org/Desktop_Comman...Widget_scripts

and the instructions

Most of it is cheatable i.e. codes are online or just importing txt. what do you want?

The a b c is pretty simple (when i first installed QBW i uninstalled promptly because i was so confused, but it's much easier than it looks)

Height + width are self explanatory. At the top where it says 'show' and then 'visible', changing it to 'invisible' will make the widget invisible, which i use for my transparent lock widgets. This can also be done by leaving 'command title settings' box blank. If you want a custom icon, dump the .png image to /home/user/.images/queen_beecon_dir and then in 'command title settings' box put imagename.png. 'Angle' lets you have it upside down or on its side, which is how we do the portrait screens, and 'scale' lets you change the size of the image itself. Position lets you change where in the width + height the image appears. When you create a beecon widget it has a title (you do 'add cmd' and add a title and command, the title will appear on the widget), to remove that, under 'command title settings' you'll see 'position' on the bottom line, change to 'hidden'

The 6 boxes above that (with <0 =0 =1 etc) make all blank

Command results settings is the same as above but for the results, if you have any (for my icons above there are no results, only title).

Then you have 'frames', set to disable if you don't want the widget to animate when you click it.

Lastly you have the update policies and GPS location - just say 'yes' or 'no' depending on what you want it to do - typically i just say 'yes' for 'desktop' and 'click'

Hope that helps

ETA: occasionally you'll see on here someone attach a .txt file for QBW. Save that to MyDocs, and in QBW go to 'advanced', scroll down, import file to buffer, select the .txt file, then import buffer to beecon, and save. That will give you the exact widget someone else made, like the weather widgets people put up.

big thanks to RichWhite

This is a good thread, I have had a whole desktop dedicated to QBW for a good few months with the intention of getting to grips with it but every time i go to the QBW original thread or the wiki, I just get confused and only use to find out my battery %.

Richwhite, i wanted to set up something to update me with English Premier League scores, is that possible?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to K.Singh For This Useful Post:
well i am hoping to see other experts to contribute here :$
my question is how to use the lock and unlock scripts ?
i tried lock screen and keys and whoop every thing turned black as it's automatically being implemented :$
somehow i managed to get rid of it , now need help .
how to use it in a proper way :$
i have the dbus scripts for locking and unlocking .
but still will not try untill have a suggestiong.

Tags
it's noob tym:p