Closed Thread
The update is showing as available on my side, im on 02.

I believe the reason some folk in UK cant see the update is bcoz they are using the UK Firmware. Where as other folk such as myself have the Global version or US Version installed.
The UK update release isnt out yet according to http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_UK_variant_firmware

Then again its always gud to be patient in updating as sometimes a firmware update can lead to problems rather than do good.

The Following User Says Thank You to badboyuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
phone can be used in landscape mode.......

provisioning still lacking......cant use my email
Sorry, I don't know how to fix your provisioning problem. Would you stop bugging me about it?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
Does anybody know anyone involved in marketing or PR at Nokia? Why are changelogs and fw updates such a surprise? Why not inform us of what we are getting everytime. This blows my mind.

btw update available in canada.

There used to be this game "Peter" who was in Marketing w/in Nokia - for the Maemo devices.

He is also available on Twitter but can't remember his twitter name as he mostly seemed like waste of space.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Makati, Philippines
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Nice try, but this is a write-only forum.
I'm sorry. (Yes, I was intimidated, so my apologetic self kicks in.)

I know it's just me, but I'm not quite used to reading a thread with problems that repeat every 1-2 pages -- I tend to have my hands itching to post something as if it's the be-all end-all. I guess I shouldn't post those kinds of messages anymore...

Originally Posted by badboyuk View Post
The update is showing as available on my side, im on 02.

I believe the reason some folk in UK cant see the update is bcoz they are using the UK Firmware. Where as other folk such as myself have the Global version or US Version installed.
The UK update release isnt out yet according to http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_UK_variant_firmware

Then again its always gud to be patient in updating as sometimes a firmware update can lead to problems rather than do good.
Im on Vodafone, but my phone is unlocked, using global firmware I believe. Its /203

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
stop using extras-testing& -devel software
Seems to me that the / -footprints of most of the extras-repo packages are already quite small which suggests that most of them are optified. Of course, there are many other well justified reasons to avoid testing and devel.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I think you have to reflash the eMMC. The Wiki tells about that.
Is there any chance to make a backup of the eMMC?
Thanks!

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Just updated, everything went fine (crossed my fingers though, as i've had no backup, but it wasn't needed). Feels a little bit faster than the previous but no big changes.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by FormerPalmUser View Post
Is there any chance to make a backup of the eMMC?
Thanks!
I think you get a backup option while flashing.

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Can't you put the sim into another phone and do that? Then put it back to the N900..
tried that doesnt work.

when i put sim back in n900 just says divert after 20 seconds and does not allow me to change

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update