Poll: Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?
Poll Options
Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Just how long is this useless batering going to go on? not only is it off topic it serves as no purpose to meego.

Would stskeeps or wmarone or a member of the so called meego development team like to present themselves on this thread because i have had enough once and for all, so a discussion can take place regarding this so called meego adaption for the n900? i have a few questions to ask.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Radical Realistic Open Source with JFDI instead of Bikeshedding
If you want to talk live to the Nokia N900 hardware adaptation team, feel free to come for a talk at the #meego-arm IRC channel and I'm sure they'll help clear up any questions

Simple steps:

Go to this webchat, type in a nickname, solve the CAPTCHA and press connect and it will take you straight to them.

Best times is in Finnish business hours 8-16, Finland timezone (UTC+3 at the moment, I believe) but people are around most of the time anyway.

Rules and regulations for the FreeNode chat network can be found at http://freenode.net/policy.shtml

You can also connect to the Cordia channel with by typing '/join #cordia' or '/join #maemo-ssu' for CSSU discussions (without the quotes), monitoring several channels at once.

Last edited by tekki; 2011-09-08 at 15:59.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tekki For This Useful Post:
I am not interested at all in joining that farce in any way or form, i would like this to be talked on here in front of every member of THIS forum ok.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Radical Realistic Open Source with JFDI instead of Bikeshedding
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I am not interested at all in joining that farce in any way or form, i would like this to be talked on here in front of every member of THIS forum ok.
Well, you have chased away every single MeeGo developer from this place by now, so if you want any questions answered, this is the way. Participation and proper discussion - it's all public, logged.

Come and tell them what you think of their architectual choices.

tekki, your intentions are good, and I respect that, but Stskeeps left Talk because of abill_uk. Just sayin'

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jstokes View Post
tekki, your intentions are good, and I respect that, but Stskeeps left Talk because of abill_uk. Just sayin'
I know, but proper development is about discussion and well, abill_uk is more than welcome to contribute with his discussion in the place things go on in, together with 211 other users.

Some people don't use forums. Some people don't use mailing lists. Some people don't use twitter.

Center of development is that IRC channel and everybody is welcome for a nice, calm discussion.

The Following User Says Thank You to tekki For This Useful Post:
In fact, please - anyone who has anything to say, woody, freemangordon, ivgalvez, whoever, come and talk to us.

We're straightforward, calm and usually a forum doesn't do justice to proper live conversation and often misunderstandings appear. For CSSU we'll also gladly answer any questions that we may be able to answer to help you along.

Don't be shy - after all, we might all learn something from each other.

Last edited by tekki; 2011-09-08 at 15:52.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tekki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tekki View Post
Well, you have chased away every single MeeGo developer from this place by now, so if you want any questions answered, this is the way. Participation and proper discussion - it's all public, logged.

Come and tell them what you think of their architectual choices.
I do not intend to repeat myself, there is no way i will talk anywhere but on this forum.

May i remind everyone that stskeeps actually hijacked my thread to tell everyone just how well meego was doing and that Maemo was basically a total loss, then made some rediculous thread to oust me from this community, a very childish act, then said his goodbyes and left.

Meego is abismally useless and the time it has taken to get a very basic ui in place with no futher advancement on that todate needs an explanation, only then will i fire some questions.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I do not intend to repeat myself, there is no way i will talk anywhere but on this forum..
I'll make a note that you don't want to come have a calm discussion about your views - that's okay, but isn't views useless unless uttered? Maybe people are listening here, too. Stskeeps has said he still reads TMO.

Alternatively - not as good as IRC, you/any of you may submit your questions to the meego-handset mailing list. The CE team members hang out on there as well.

Simple steps:

* Go to http://lists.meego.com/listinfo/meego-handset - add your email and real name
* You will get a confirmation URL with
* You can now mail meego-handset@lists.meego.com with your views and participate directly with your views in the project - telling them how wrong they are, etc.

There is also a forum thread where some people participate and discuss/announcing:

http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=3733

To participate here, you can do simple steps of:
* Go to http://meego.com and register a meego.com account
* You can use this meego.com account on forum.meego.com to participate in the thread, post, etc.

Thank you for your time.

What an opt-out that is, oh well i guess no member of the meego adaption team will participate on here.

Tags
context, debate, developers, frappadecaf, infraction pts, javis vs. woody, let's troll!, meego, relevance