Notices

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Could you do
Code:
cat /usr/sbin/airmon-ng > /home/user/MyDocs/airmon-ng.txt
and attach/post here the airmon-ng.txt file you will find in your MyDocsfolder?

That could be it..
Thanks, I am now happily loading the injection drivers and get more reliable behaviour. Sofar I got to post #400 on the kernel power thread and can report that it definitely was not part of KP47, not sure I have the stamina to finish reading it for now, but I have a better understanding now of how the drivers are implemented . I am sure I was not running the injection drivers when I got my results previously, but lxp reported that part of the stock drivers were kinda-sorta working (ie. monitor mode on channel 6 only), so that might explain why I got a false positive. Other option is that also some upstream updates made it into the later KP releases, however, I need to finish reading the KP thread to confirm . Sorry for highjacking your thread, back to Cleven business!

I have answered this a few times. Last time was here
Haven't really understood why you linked those posts from the faircrack thread.
Ups, forget about this "placeholder for later". My bad.

I don't understand what you don't understand about linking it from fAircrack. It was implemented there, both projects are FOSS, so I'm linking to currently existing implementation (which code may be examined, and even reused partially or fully). Consider, that I haven't remembered about You planning to implement it.

Calm down, I'm not going "illegal advertisement". As You probably noticed, I'm using both projects, and would like to see both fully-functional - both Cleven and fAircrack got some advantages and disadvantages over each other, but I'm not trying to convince people into using one or another (exclusively).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Ups, forget about this "placeholder for later". My bad.

I don't understand what you don't understand about linking it from fAircrack. It was implemented there, both projects are FOSS, so I'm linking to currently existing implementation (which code may be examined, and even reused partially or fully). Consider, that I haven't remembered about You planning to implement it.

Calm down, I'm not going "illegal advertisement". As You probably noticed, I'm using both projects, and would like to see both fully-functional - both Cleven and fAircrack got some advantages and disadvantages over each other, but I'm not trying to convince people into using one or another (exclusively).

/Estel
Wasn't upset, just didn't understand. It is more clear now but it looked like intimidation.

I could not have thought of your argument since the only code that could be shared is in the aircrack wiki page. The rest is quite distant.
Also I got confused because I thought you had thanked me and commented on that post but from what I see now I'm wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by g0r View Post
@Saturn
just came across this do you think that is the problem I have with aps with spaces posted here ???
I think Stefan got it right.

From the documentation:
-eessid | If set, all IVs from networks with the same ESSID will be used. This option is also required for WPA/WPA2-PSK cracking if the ESSID is not broadcasted (hidden).
the operative word here being "if".

Nevertheless, it doesn't help much in cleven's case the issue is elsewhere.

I have made a small test-bench and have discovered several issues that can happen related with AP names.

1) Accented characters - the lookup fails; no action can be taken against them.
2) APs with the same name - only the first one that appears in the list can be captured.
3) Spaces in AP - authentication fails.

Will work on fixing those..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Uploaded Cleven 2.4-5 in extras-devel

Changelog:
  • CHANGE: Added logging for the Authentication and Capture command in /tmp/cleven.log
  • CHANGE: Removed the -essid option from the authentication (credits: StefanL, g0r)
  • CHANGE: Update for latest (r90) of reaven and wash; walsh has been deprecated.
  • NEW: Added reaven.db support

** INSTRUCTIONS for new features:
  • Add reaver, reaven.db and wash binaries in /home/user/.reaver/ and re-start Cleven for the links to be created.
  • This version of Cleven was designed to work with versions up to release r90 of reaver and wash.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
Uploaded Cleven 2.4-5 in extras-devel

Changelog:
  • CHANGE: Added logging for the Authentication and Capture command in /tmp/cleven.log
  • CHANGE: Removed the -essid option from the authentication (credits: StefanL, g0r)
  • CHANGE: Update for latest (r90) of reaven and wash; walsh has been deprecated.
  • NEW: Added reaven.db support

** INSTRUCTIONS for new features:
  • Add reaver, reaven.db and wash binaries in /home/user/.reaver/ and re-start Cleven for the links to be created.
  • This version of Cleven was designed to work with versions up to release r90 of reaver and wash.
Re latest version of Cleven does not work for me can anybody else confirm

WEP with and without spaces in apps does not work: the authenticate window opens then closes immediately

Wep and WPA handshake/deauthenticate: the new window opens the script commands are executed but no handshake is collected (does disconnect the wireless devices on the network on WEP/WPA)

Reaver looks like is working (not fully tested as I have to setup my other two routers, will test and report back)

" CHANGE: Removed the -essid option from the authentication (credits: StefanL, g0r) " --- All Credits goes to StefanL, Thank You.

Last edited by g0r; 2012-01-16 at 11:40.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to g0r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
i can confirm (g0r problem) that authenticate is not working in latest Cleven....
authenticate windows shutdown immediatly right after pressing the authenticate button on Cleven....

Last edited by pusak gaoq; 2012-01-16 at 12:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
does the dictionaries have to be in plain text or gz or zip ??? i have BIG ones !!!

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
Originally Posted by teamer View Post
does the dictionaries have to be in plain text or gz or zip ??? i have BIG ones !!!
I am using plain text - name.txt - and works for me

will there be a n9 version of cleven or faircrack?

Tags
aircrack, cleven, reaver