Active Topics

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i wonder if the Atrix has Copy/Paste on its browser?

but nice device......and its dual core,

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Originally Posted by theflew View Post
Given the N900 is a over a year old it does pretty well. We'll see how the Nokia MeeGo based phone compares since it should have similar capability with a more powerful OS.
You might get a Nokia phone with the same specs.

But what OS is this you speak of? Meego the "yet to be released and working on anything?" Or the very stable and working Android 2.2 as seen in millions of devices the world over with across the board support from software / app developers, hardware manufacturers and carriers? If Meego follows what Maemo did (and there is no reason it won't) it has to mature on a hand set for a year before people realise what it can't and can do. Given Maemo panned as an OS for the market, I think a year is a good guess because a lot of possible customers have walked away from Nokia after Maemo, so you won't get the numbers flooding in.

This 'atrix' phone is out in June, probably a whole year ahead of a like for like mature Meego device. And given this is Nokia we are talking about, it probably won't be a phone, it will be a "personal computer with limited phone funcationality and heavy community support required."

Think we are a very long time of anything like a Ver2.2 mature Meego, if at all. (I still think Nokia will pull the plug on Meego, too many changes in Nokia and not enough big name companies taking up Meego in what is a very tough year all round.)

Personally I think more of the CES was spent showing off the mini laptop accessory, than the actual phone. So I want to start seeing it on sale and reading reviews. A dual core just means more battery drain so will be interesting to see how it copes.

Anti-Nokia Ambassador

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twigleaf1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I have no idea what the heck you are talking about.

My N900 has full keyboard support, full mouse support, a large screen, can transfer files, can do all the srtuff I want, and it has the advantage that it uses my regular wireless keyboard and my favourite wireless mouse. Best of all, there is no physical connection to break or need unpocketing.

It's called VNC.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
But it's rolling in the aisles funny how Nokia got out of Internet Tablets just before the tablet revolution hit, and this site cleverly changed its name away from Internet Tablet Talk -- remember, that's what brought many of us here! -- shortly before the rest of the world started caring about tablets.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
I think there is something everyone here needs to understand you won't see physical keyboards on many devices (beyond PC's and messaging phones) and you won't see resistive touchscreens anymore. Bear in mind I'm including Nokia in all of this. The first MeeGo phone will probably be very much like the n8 with no keyboard and capacitive screen.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
But it's rolling in the aisles funny how Nokia got out of Internet Tablets just before the tablet revolution hit, and this site cleverly changed its name away from Internet Tablet Talk -- remember, that's what brought many of us here! -- shortly before the rest of the world started caring about tablets.
Too bad they squandered that lead.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
You're right, on closer inspection its better to compare it to the N8.
But this was about the portable computer/N900. Not the Symbian based N8 - which has been marketed as solely a phone.

HDMI output versus composite. Why would you switch to the N8? Just to prove a point?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I want it!!! , will it work with Telcel carrier in Mexico?
I think Telcel uses the same frequencies as AT & T but I'm not sure

It will probably dissapoint like the original droid did - I was very very close to buying it, but then changed my mind once the N900 was announced.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
i wonder if the Atrix has Copy/Paste on its browser?

but nice device......and its dual core,
Why wouldn't it have cut/paste? Androids have always had cut/paste. I'm not sure where this was coming from--did you confuse it with iOS (where they only recently got cut/paste) or with Windows Phone 7 (where they took away cut/paste after updating from Windows Mobile)?

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
I have no idea what the heck you are talking about.

My N900 has full keyboard support, full mouse support, a large screen, can transfer files, can do all the srtuff I want, and it has the advantage that it uses my regular wireless keyboard and my favourite wireless mouse. Best of all, there is no physical connection to break or need unpocketing.

It's called VNC.
Full keyboard support... not really supported out-of-the box, mind you. You need to hack it into doing it, wireless keyboard and all. Full mouse support... again, not supported, hacked. Large screen? Where? Uhhh, No. hahah About the ONLY good argument you made is that it does all the srtuff [sic] you want.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
But this was about the portable computer/N900. Not the Symbian based N8 - which has been marketed as solely a phone.

HDMI output versus composite. Why would you switch to the N8? Just to prove a point?
It would appear that our friend attempted to twist the conversation to suit his arguments and dismissed the argument he had actually made. I didn't bother responding. I was laughing to hard each time I looked at it to respond anyway. Dear, oh dear. It was an incredible maneuver that deserves a bit of comedic credit, wouldn't you agree?

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
It will probably dissapoint like the original droid did - I was very very close to buying it, but then changed my mind once the N900 was announced.
Oops.. I think you made a mistake. The Droid didn't disappoint by any measure. Last time I checked, it was what saved Motorola from performing a flaming nosedive in the market over the past year and it's still managing to perform quite well even compared to many new Android handsets. Maybe I missed something, though. Where did you hear about how this Droid was disappointing? Disappointing to whom? Citation, please?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
epic win, fanbois cry, just shoot me, phone for kids, poo eaters, toyoyoyoy...