Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
Yesterday night I was taking some photos at half light to have a comparison with a N8 of a friend of mine.

I also have installed FCamera and then I rebooted the phone and I noticed that the front led was always off. I tried to completely shut down the phone and remove the battery but the led stays off.

Is it definitely an hardware breakage or may it be due to some kind of software situation? Anybody experienced this?

Last edited by cipper; 2011-08-21 at 20:12.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
Originally Posted by cipper View Post
Yesterday night I was taking some photos at half light to have a comparison with a N8 of a friend of mine.

I also have installed FCamera and then I rebooted the phone and I noticed that the front led was always off. I tried to completely shut down the phone and remove the battery but the led stays off.

Is it definitively an hardware breakage or may it due to some kind of software situation? Anybody experienced this?
Its most probably because of FCamera program that you have installed .... does your keyboard light work ?

I had a similar problem and I fixed it ...these are the steps

1) turn off the phone and pop out the battery from your n900
2) connect the charger to your phone , you should see an orange led blink once.
3) insert the battery and turn on the phone
4) led and keypad light should work now

I hope this works for you

Last edited by SR90; 2011-08-21 at 09:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SR90 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
Thank you very much, it worked!

How did you know that?

hey can you help me in that thing as well.... my front led is not working since i used the led pattern app...

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
Originally Posted by Shexi View Post
hey can you help me in that thing as well.... my front led is not working since i used the led pattern app...
Check the explained method and report back