iGo discontinues Stowaway keyboard

Stowaway_20sierra Kevin and I both have been using the venerable iGo Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard for years due to its full-sized keys provided in a folding form that will fit in a shirt pocket. We haven't found a better performing keyboard for the mobile set so it is extremely disappointing to hear that iGo is discontinuing the Stowaway and dropping it from its product line. According to iGo they want to focus on their main product line, the iGo power adapters so they will drop the keyboard like a hot potato. If you have been considering a mobile keyboard without compromises you'd better act fast to find one (affiliate link) before inventories begin drying up.

(Pocket PC Magazine via GottaBeMobile)

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

The Following User Says Thank You to Darius2006 For This Useful Post:
I just picked one up from Amazon.com for $39.00. You guys might want to pick up yours while they are discounted a bit.

Originally Posted by tchariya View Post
I just picked one up from Amazon.com for $39.00. You guys might want to pick up yours while they are discounted a bit.
You're lucky. The only one I've found in Canada is $139CAN... which nowadays is $139US.

If anyone knows a more reasonable price 'round here, do tell.

Even buying off eBay will, sellers charge about $30US for shipping.

Guess I'll have to do some quick calls to US friends in the next few days

Are Bluetooth keyboards failing to meet expected sales?

Even Nokia only have one model, and they must have about fifty Bluetooth headset models. If they were selling well you'd think they would have brought out another model by now.

Ah... http://blankmedia.ca/ is selling it for $44.95 & taxes and about $13 for eXPress (or whatever it is) parcel order. Which should mean I get it Thursday (but probably Friday/Saturday).

It's a weird site, though. The 'Rules & Regulations' go on about open media returns and how things have to come back in shelf-perfect form. So I emailed them with instructions to tell me how they'd handle the plastic bubble case the keyboard's in if I have to return it before processing my order and final confirmation.

go to mymemory.co.uk they sell it for 26.99 pounds.

if you pay me the shipping cost to the US I can order one for you

Too bad. The selection of good BT keyboards is quite limited. I got mine already though, but it's not good that there'll be no replacement available - I may go and buy a spare one right away.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Why the hell did they buy ThinkOutside in the first place? <_<

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ abuja, nigeria (currently)
after my first stowaway ultraslim died (certain keys stopped working), I found there's something of a design flaw involving how at least one of the printed ribbon cables inside slides against the inside of the metal (plastic lined there) case. unless you're really careful -- which I try to be now -- I think it is inevitable that the surface will collect dust/dirt causing the cable to bend the wrong way at the join and then the connections eventually break. I found confirming reports via google, and did some photos with plans for a webpage, but all my compute equipment is in transit for the foreseeable future. Nonetheless, I bought two more when the prices came down recently - but figure once they die I will move on to something else (n810 or later).

rob.