Closed Thread
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Angry Birds works almost perfectly in portrait mode

Bounce would also, if some could code daemon or something which manipulates the accelerometer data depending on which position the screen is in:

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-02-23 at 18:27.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
I've been using the cSSU from the start.

I thank all of you who have put an effort to keep the updates going, it's great that the issues are worked on.

I do have one major issue that I'd like to get solved permanently..

I like the smoothing of the general operation of the N900 and stuff, but can't live with the auto/forced rotation that messes up the usability all the time. How can I keep the other benefits of cSSU but keep the screen rotation as it would be (in the Nokia version)? Could I edit the .ini? But will it be overwritten with every cssu update?

I'd like a switch where I could prevent the display from rotating when it's not supposed to. ATM one annoyance is in the settings; the diplay settings pane forces rotation, it won't go away with the keyb opened, etc. The worst is when I'm on the move (i.e. not using the N900 on a table), the program menu rotates and annoys the **** out of me, how can I disable that?

I'm just starting to read all the wiki stuff so... And I just found how to forcerotation = 0.

BTW, is there a roadmap of where CSSU might be going?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by mohammadag View Post
the next upgrade will include a configurable zoom effect when the screen's pressed as in the cordia demo video and the parallax between home screen widgets and the background can be configured (or removed).

awesome!!!!!

The latest update works excellent!!! The portrait mode and the autorotate is nice! Please, a suggestion, you can fix the offline mode for Nokia Maps? Its very expensive use the internet every time I use the gps, pleeaaseee!!!

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
I'm just starting to read all the wiki stuff so... And I just found how to forcerotation = 0.
Which is the default. So you actively changed it, and then started a question about how to turn it off? Glad you found the answer!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Which is the default. So you actively changed it, and then started a question about how to turn it off? Glad you found the answer!
Absolutely did not change it. Which made me worry, as I checked it and it actually was zero... I rebooted just now and... nope. Everything rotates. Exactly as it was after the first reboot, even the screen settings.

Not so good.

----
This happened after the 12.1 update.
The transitions.ini looks good, everything is as default (or disabled).
In the settings, many of the 'panes' flip the screen (themes don't, theme customer doesn't, VoIP doesn't, device locking look absolutely horrible - unusable, diplay calibration works, shortcutd doesn't fit in portait). when they are closed, the screen stays flipped, even after keyboard open. After screen lock and open it flips back, when the keyb is closed.
Many programs don't rotate, I haven't red the list that are supposed to flip, but everything but the settings and program menu seems to work as they should.
App manager forces rotate when there's a menu/progress bar open.

Last edited by Mandibela; 2011-02-23 at 19:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mandibela For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
@ iscio, no, it's not possible to set it to only parts of the OS.

The next upgrade will include a configurable zoom effect when the screen's pressed as in the Cordia demo video and the parallax between home screen widgets and the background can be configured (or removed).

@ Alfred HAM -> Update -> tap title bar -> Refresh

Mohammad thank You, although nothing new shows up after a Refresh.
Is there any way i could distinguish wheather i have 12 or 12.1 version of CSSU? thanks a lot anyway!

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Absolutely did not change it. Which made me worry, as I checked it and it actually was zero... I rebooted just now and... nope. Everything rotates. Exactly as it was after the first reboot, even the screen settings.

Not so good.

----
This happened after the 12.1 update.
The transitions.ini looks good, everything is as default (or disabled).
Check your theme's transitions.ini.

The location is: /usr/share/themes/[THEME'S NAME]/transitions.ini

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-02-23 at 19:10.

Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
Check your theme's transitions.ini.

The location is: /usr/share/themes/[THEME'S NAME]/transitions.ini
Just found that the current theme has it's own transitions.ini, which takes precdence. That's messed up... But I'm in the process.

Thanks.

---
Actually my theme had none.

Last edited by Mandibela; 2011-02-23 at 19:22.

Just found that the current theme has it's own transitions.ini, which takes precdence. That's messed up... But I'm in the process.

Thanks.
No .inis in my theme folders. Whatthehell. Should I copy the /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini in every folder? Why? I'm thinking that it should use the default in case an alternative isn't found.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade