Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
The huge sensor size should also help with low-light performance. I am tempted to buy that phone, symbian belle fp1 looks pretty slick from what I have seen.

Cons: No swipe and low screen res.
Sure. Binning is quite useful.

Originally Posted by _David_ View Post
Good luck holding the phone still enough for 90% of those pixels to matter. I'd take a phone with 4MP and proper image stabilisation over that.
It's too bad that people are only concentrating on the megapixels when the true innovation here lies elsewhere.
Funny thing is that as 2-3 years ago it was about megapixels, now when anybody seems too many megapixels the camera is sh1te. Nokia just can't seem to catch a break.

Here's one great article actually explaining the sensor and what Nokia has achieved here... from a iphone loving site even.
http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/87/mw...one+Life+Blogs)

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
It's too bad that people are only concentrating on the megapixels when the true innovation here lies elsewhere.
Funny thing is that as 2-3 years ago it was about megapixels, now when anybody seems too many megapixels the camera is sh1te. Nokia just can't seem to catch a break.

Here's one great article actually explaining the sensor and what Nokia has achieved here... from a iphone loving site even.
http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/87/mw...one+Life+Blogs)
i dont want this phone because of camera but because:
nice large screen for a symbian smartphone
extreme gpu/dsp
nice cpu and amount of ram for symbians need
great multimedia performance
probably last symbian
and last and least great camera and nice "sexy" design

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
i dont want this phone because of camera but because:
nice large screen for a symbian smartphone
extreme gpu/dsp
nice cpu and amount of ram for symbians need
great multimedia performance
probably last symbian
and last and least great camera and nice "sexy" design
My reasons are first the camera, next the hyped audio recording and audio quality (N8 had amazing audio quality via 3.5mm), HDMI out with 1080p. Nice to see how will the Nokia Big screen work paired with that 1080p HDMI out.

Belle/Symbian is by no means my favorite OS anymore, but it looks to be way, way more smoother than before looking at the videos. Settings, camera (probably best camera UI i have ever seen) and the widget screens manage to even look elegant and work smoothly.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone gone pay for this phone? Its even more dead than meego and N9. Add to that an ugly bulky design. Nokia wtf?

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
yes, me
it cant replace my n900, but it will be perfect next to it, unlike n9
ill use this for telephony/multimedia and n900 for heavy computing

oh and unlike meego that is dead, symbian dies on 2016...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Anyone gone pay for this phone? Its even more dead than meego and N9. Add to that an ugly bulky design. Nokia wtf?
Already pre-ordered. As for it being more dead than MeeGo, that's not possible really.
Symbian is still bought in tens of millions every year and has support going till 2016, also it is way more complete OS than MeeGo, while being uglier than Swipe UI.

Nokia still needs Symbian, MeeGo not so much.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
I'm only glad that NOKIA now truly knows how powerful/important that BROADCOMM GPU on the new Symbian Belle phones is. With reference to datasheets only, that 1.3GHz ARM11 is approximately as powerful as an 800MHz ARM Cortex A8, which puts forward this question: How in Earth does that 808 get full 1080p video capture @ 30fps, something that only high-end dual cores (Exynos/TI...NVIDIA dual cores are NOT high-end) and recent quad-cores have just achieved?
It's all because of that beastly GPU, which handles all video/graphics processing.

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
yes, me
it cant replace my n900, but it will be perfect next to it, unlike n9
ill use this for telephony/multimedia and n900 for heavy computing

oh and unlike meego that is dead, symbian dies on 2016...
Excuse me, but looking at current prices of the N9 vs. the price set for the 808 on release, the 808 seems a terribly much better investment.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Already pre-ordered. As for it being more dead than MeeGo, that's not possible really.
Symbian is still bought in tens of millions every year and has support going till 2016, also it is way more complete OS than MeeGo, while being uglier than Swipe UI.

Nokia still needs Symbian, MeeGo not so much.
Ok, Its your money. nokia moving on and dont even launch it world wide so thats how much they care. To me the N8 is a better bet.