Notices

I managed to connect an external USB flash card to my Nokia N810. Now I want my media players to play music stored on that card. I'm facing these problems:

1. Canola won't open the files from the card because it's impossible to add flash card's drive to the list of media folders in the library.

2. MPlayer can open these files but I can't enqueue them in the playlist because they are not part of the media library, and I wasn't able to find a place where I can add a folder from the file system into the media library.

Please advise.

Andrey.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Brasov/Cluj, Romania
Originally Posted by andrey999 View Post
I managed to connect an external USB flash card to my Nokia N810. Now I want my media players to play music stored on that card. I'm facing these problems:

1. Canola won't open the files from the card because it's impossible to add flash card's drive to the list of media folders in the library.

2. MPlayer can open these files but I can't enqueue them in the playlist because they are not part of the media library, and I wasn't able to find a place where I can add a folder from the file system into the media library.

Please advise.

Andrey.
1. you can make a symlink to your flash drive, but usb device should appear in canola -> media folders option

Originally Posted by andrei1089 View Post
1. you can make a symlink to your flash drive, but usb device should appear in canola -> media folders option
How do I make a symlink?

USB device doesn't appear in Canola's media folders. There's only "Internal card" and "Removable card" selection.

How do I make a symlink?

USB device doesn't appear in Canola's media folders. There's only "Internal card" and "Removable card" selection.
USB Device appears on Canola launched on my desktop. Don't know how it is on N810.

To make a symlink open a terminal, cd to one of the media folders you can select in Canola and type:
ln -s <path_to_your_flash_card> <link_name>

It says - "Operation not permitted".

It says - "Operation not permitted".
are you sure you are somewhere in your home folder when you type the ln command? You should right to create files in your home.

If it's not working you can sudo ln ... ( http://wiki.maemo.org/Root_access ) or you can try to make the symlink in a folder located in internal/removable card instead of your home folder.

Tags
canola, mplayer