Active Topics

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Fargo, North Dakota, USA
Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
fake did u update my order from wood to 2 acrylic? thanx
Yes, I did.

The Following User Says Thank You to fake For This Useful Post:
Hello Fake. I would like to order two acrylic. Hope my order doesn't arrive too late

Thanks

For everyone posting questions about shipping:

Shipping should be included in the price for anywhere in the world. This will not be the world's fastest shipping. However, it will be affordable. It doesn't make sense to pay $15 shipping for one stand for faster service.

Because shipping is included in the price, that means that for some stands, I will make very little money, maybe none, and for others, I will make a reasonable amount. I hope that it will all average out and people all over the world can have my stands at a reasonable price.

Anyway, if your question is "Will you ship to $country", the answer is YES, absolutely!!

If it somehow turns out that they cost a lot more to ship than I calculated, of course I will have to ask for a little more. But I have a postal scale here, and I trust it, and I don't think that will happen.

Hi Fake,

I am starting to grow fondness for on my N900 (in spite of my dislike for Nokia's indifferent attitude toward N900 users) and need two mixed stands for this lovely companion.

I need a painted black and an acrylic please. A question I had based on the pictures is will the curved shape scratch the metalic bezel around the phone?

Good work buddy and hope the orders from here will help you get another N900

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ athens/greece
hey fake, got my message about the stand? how can i order it please? i mean send you the shipping address, how do i pay you?

Originally Posted by flydeep View Post
Hi Fake,

I am starting to grow fondness for on my N900 (in spite of my dislike for Nokia's indifferent attitude toward N900 users) and need two mixed stands for this lovely companion.

I need a painted black and an acrylic please. A question I had based on the pictures is will the curved shape scratch the metalic bezel around the phone?

Good work buddy and hope the orders from here will help you get another N900
Hi flydeep,

I just took a black painted stand and rubbed it hard on the bezel of my N900. It didn't mar the finish at all. I think you'd probably wear the paint off the stand before you'd have any problems. Even that would take some work.

The acrylic stand is much softer than metal so that should be the same if not better.

Good info, let me know when and how to pay (paypal works well for me). I will also include the shipping info with the payment. I am assuming you can send a pvt. message through this board.

Originally Posted by fake View Post
Hi flydeep,

I just took a black painted stand and rubbed it hard on the bezel of my N900. It didn't mar the finish at all. I think you'd probably wear the paint off the stand before you'd have any problems. Even that would take some work.

The acrylic stand is much softer than metal so that should be the same if not better.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Silicon Valley
Fake, I'd like to purchase two of the wooden stands. Could you please add me to your spreadsheet and let me know how to paypal funds to you?

@zehjotkah: Yes, I read the first post several times and yes, it's obvious the pre-order period has passed. What's not obvious in the first post is what new folks should do to get on the wait list for the next production run. Hence this post...

Last edited by speednut; 2010-02-09 at 17:36.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
oh please read the first post.
the preorder is closed...
fake is working on a real online shop.
this should be available in the next few days.
thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
NEW VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V62w3YO2UJA

It also shows me destroying a couple stands. You can see that the acrylic one can be shattered if it is struck very sharply, but it is otherwise very strong.

There's a funny break in the middle of the video, sorry about that.

Back to setting up the store.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fake For This Useful Post:

Tags
accessory, acrylic, awesome!, complex pricing structure, holder, inexpensive, n900, n900 stand, stand, stay in school!!!, wood