Active Topics

Notices

More people downloaded the files without the setupmaemo.deb??

Im pretty sure i bought Sygic for Maemo.

I have received the maemo install file by email from a user, but this file only wont fix the problem

Sygic wont react on support mail.....yet....

hi all,
I've trawled through pages and pages of messages in the hope of not having to bother you all with a question that's been answered but can't find one.
I've tried to install maemo maps but the programme keeps crashing before it installs; i've copied all files onto 32Gb (not memory card) - in fact i've even taken the card out to try to install programme but the application runs for about 2 seconds and then turns itself off (programme, not N900). i've copied the files onto the phone's hard drive via USB but am stumped now as to how to get the programme to work. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toulouse, France
Originally Posted by dynomot View Post
Quick way around the quiet 'voice', but it's a bit clumsy.

Record silence, get it to repeat play, turn on FM transmitter and use Sygic through your vehicle radio. FM transmitter does work on it's own but as already mentioned cuts out after a few seconds thus missing all but the last syllable of any instruction.
Will try this with a blank mp3, thanks !

Originally Posted by crail View Post
you have to exit with exit not top right x
Yeah, just found that out ! It says "saving..." when exiting this way.
Now that fullscreen is enabled, it's easier not to press the X accidentally ^^

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toulouse, France
Originally Posted by slinkey View Post
hi all,
I've trawled through pages and pages of messages in the hope of not having to bother you all with a question that's been answered but can't find one.
I've tried to install maemo maps but the programme keeps crashing before it installs; i've copied all files onto 32Gb (not memory card) - in fact i've even taken the card out to try to install programme but the application runs for about 2 seconds and then turns itself off (programme, not N900). i've copied the files onto the phone's hard drive via USB but am stumped now as to how to get the programme to work. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.
What are you calling maemo maps ?
Ovi maps ?
Maemo mapper ?
Sygic mobile mamps for maemo ?

sorry if i'm obvious, but have you tried a reboot ?

Anyone know how to get POI on it?

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
For map lagging; I found these settings seems to work for me:
fps=16.0
antialias=false
PositionFiltering=false

With these the map scrolls smoothly and is pretty accurately positioned.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jesuska View Post
What are you calling maemo maps ?
Ovi maps ?
Maemo mapper ?
Sygic mobile mamps for maemo ?

sorry if i'm obvious, but have you tried a reboot ?
Sorry, Sygic.
I have tried to reboot and anything else i can think of. what's bugging me is that the programme IS starting to install, then it crashes-it's toying with my emotions!

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ CANADA
Does anyone know is the US maps include Canada??

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by slinkey View Post
Sorry, Sygic.
I have tried to reboot and anything else i can think of. what's bugging me is that the programme IS starting to install, then it crashes-it's toying with my emotions!

Have you removed the USB-cable?

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by jesuska View Post
ah and another one :
the fm transmitter works, i'm using fmtx + boost to 118.

i can hear the "beeps" that indicates that the FMTX is on, but if the gps doesnt make a sound for 15 seconds, FMTX turns off automatically.

Anyone experienced this ?
How coud we solve that ?
maybe prevent th FMTX to auto close ?
Cool!

How about if you have media player running and transmitting your tunes over FM. Will the Sygic "voice" be heard over the sound or does the media being played cut out and then resume?

The beeps and the 15 second cut off may be related to an FCC requirement that I remember once reading about for "productive use" of a frequency.
This was to prevent "squatting" on public airwaves by producing a dead air transmission in order to have a particular frequency available for exclusive use and to prevent others from using it in the mean time.

The only "right" way would be to "use" the frequency to listen to your tunes, (Which BTW could pro'ly be just "dead air" recordings. ) and have Sygic transmit over or momentarily interrupt them.

SLN member # 009