Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by torres76 View Post
This product is no where near as good as the garmin i had the map detail is terrible, dont you think i have been using this on a planned route !!.
I have tried it many different times in many places i have problems like "keep right and turn left" on a straight road, at least 80m away from the place where i actually am.
Sygic customer service are useless they just told me my n900's gps must be weak, after blaming the late release on nokia dont you thing they should of used the extra time to double check the product.
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Sry but I really have to say:
Sygic for Symbian is so much better then this.
And the two of you have added nothing to this thread lately except to piss in other peoples oatmeal.

Thanks!

This isn't a "What's your opinion of this app thread". It is a thread providing community support to people who have purchased this product and may be having an issue that someone else may have found a solution for.

Since a moderator hasn't had the time to point this out to you I will.
Stay the hell out of the thread unless you have purchased the product and have a problem or you can provide an N900 specific solution to a problem that has already been posted.

I'm not a moderator so if you don't like what I just posted, Flame on buckweat...

But make it good dude. Because I have no problem getting banned along with you so your off topic "opinions" get removed along with my posts. At least then I can enjoy a productive thread as an unregistered viewer.

If you really want to solve your problem:

Completely reflash your N900 and before you add anything, or do whatever way cool mods you think the N900 needs, reinstall Sygic and use it.

As to the statement then question:

...Sygic customer service are useless they just told me my n900's gps must be weak, after blaming the late release on nokia dont you thing they should of used the extra time to double check the product.
So coming in here a moaning about it is going to help you how?

I don't care what they did with there time. The product works for me and quite a few others. It ain't perfect but hey, It did add value to my device.

This community can help an app like this be so much more. Some of the developers of the thing are now forum and maemo.org members who don't seem to mind getting there hands dirty. But nothing will get done if any thread that is opened on the subject turns into a place where rabble is roused and no good comes from it.

I want apps on my N900 that continue to be improved and are updated often.

Thanks again, for all your help.

SLN member # 009

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Braislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Sry but I really have to say:
Sygic for Symbian is so much better then this.
can you explain more detailed?
and don't forget: Symbian - Teleatlas maps, N900 - Navteq maps...

The Following User Says Thank You to zdeno. For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
Well mr Yoturd the reason i am saying what i am is i dont want anyone else wasting their money on this rubbish, unlike you who think it is worth 59euro i like to help by warning people.
If sygic support actually supported people this forum wouldn't be here and if i want to write this stuff here i will its called freedom of speech, piss in others oatmeal WHAT ??? oh i wonder how many other people are having problems.

"The product works for me and quite a few others"
Quite a few others !! so not everyone then or most people wake up and stop wasting yours mums money.

Last edited by torres76; 2010-04-05 at 08:49.

Wow... YoDude is a really good master at the art of trolling ...and telling lies also
...let's do like this: We both wait untili you grow up and then I will answer you in a way you can understand

BTW, Mr-wannabe-moderator, title of this thread is Sygic Mobile problems and not Sygic is awsome so you are the one offtopic, not helpfull and... plain rude. Typical manouvres of opression from narcizistic power freaks that try to intimidate their opinion on to others...

I also think you are plain lieing about your comparision with TomTom, although I have never seen this cheapo model you talk about in action so it might be that it is just as bad.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaco2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by torres76 View Post
.. wake up and stop wasting yours mums money.
I said make it good. Is that it? yeesh!

I didn't have a "mum". Me and your dad shared yours...

I encourage every one to please report this and the previous 2 posts.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-04-05 at 12:56.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
I encourage every one to please report this and the previous 2posts.
Report it for what reason ????. Oh yeah i just reported your post like you asked me too.

Well i dont have either parent so you cant share sorry about that.

Last edited by torres76; 2010-04-05 at 13:09.

Originally Posted by h_miguel_castro View Post
Hello to all!! i need your help!!!

I´ve download the program , and i put all the files like the tuturial (in the n900 root) and install the .deb file, them restart the phone .
But when i try to start the program after 1 or 2 secons it closes....... i have already reinstaled once again and again.... every times it closes when i try onpen it.... Anyone can help me ... Please!!
Hi

This is what i did for the work around,
After the download of "SetupSMM_Maemo_USA.exe" file, I ran it and follow the on screen instruction, I know it needed to be installed on the INTERNAL and NOT the mircoSD. Unfortunately, the install problem only allow me to install on the microSD and complaint that my internal memory cannot be access.

Well, so In this case, i used the microSD in order to continue with the installation. and then finally the install completed. and ran the .deb file.

Same problem, when i try to ran it like you guys, after 1 or 2 seconds it closes.

Then this time, I manually copies all the Sygic folders from my microSD memory to the internal memory using the File Manager. Well, this will take awhile again for the copies. Once the copy completed, again I rerun the .deb file.

BINGO!!! now i am able to run Sygic.... YES!!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to radiowc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sønderjylland, Denmark
Where should the files be placed? I can't make it work either.

Originally Posted by Kesse View Post
Where should the files be placed? I can't make it work either.
You can copy it onto the "Nokia N900/" folder...using File Manager.

-----------------------------------------------

Another alternative way, easy way I learned is that you can do this....
Step1) Press the Power Button once...and select "Switch off!"
Step2) Connect to your PC USB port to your N900

Note: at this step your pc will detect your N900 and found as USB drive.

Step3) Now execute the "SetupSMM_Maemo_USA.exe" on your PC...now it select the internal drive,. (Depend on your pc...mine is Drive E: (my internal) and F: is my mircoSD)

This will be install directly to your internal drive.

Step4) after the program copy/sync program completed. you can disconnect your USB (I used the "safely disconnect from usb" on my pc).

Step5) Turn on your N900 again...after it is completely turn on, Using File Manager, run the SetupMobileMaps.deb file, (should be located at your "Nokia N900/" folder and complete your installation.

Step6) You should see a Sygic shortcut..run it...BINGO.

Hope this help

Last edited by radiowc; 2010-04-05 at 18:26.

Lol. What a flid fest.