Hey, i have my WLAN connection working without problems.

I have poked in nearly every spot of the 770 trying to find out how i can set it up to connect through bluetooth to my nokia phone to connect online.
I have the Nokia N78 which is setup to connect online, both 3G and normal (full 3G coverage isnt available yet)

When i setup the connect it waits a moment and just comes back with "Remote server error. Try again?" the network connection light does flash on the mobile but then dies.

I just tried as a data call using the phone number *99# as suggested somewhere but does the same

Any Suggestions would be appreciates. Thanks.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Normally, when you need to use a Bluetooth phone as a tethered modem to a Nokia 770 there a few aspects involved.

Firstly, you have to have some sort of data plan with your phone service provider. If this data plan is not in place then the service provider can actually block the (software) sockets used by the phone to connect to the internet

Secondly you need to pair the bluetooth phone to the Nokia 770 properly. This pairing has to be initiated from the Nokia 770.

Finally you need to have the configuration settings for this bluetooth ' tethering ' (of the phone to the Nokia 770.

In case of T-Mobile ( my voice/data provider) , once you subscribe to their ' data plan ' they will automatically send you the configuration required to enable you to tether the phone to the Nokia 770 and to go to the internet.

The following is the configuration settings on my Nokia 770. In the connectivity settings of the Nokia 770 you can do this ( if you have not already done so) . Change the APN and other such information so that it echoes the settings of your voice/data service provider.

Type:Packet Data

Phone Number to dial: *99#

APN: internet2.voicestream.com

username:<blank>

password:<blank>

ADVANCED-

Proxy: <blank>

There are various other posts at this site regarding the right way to do this configuration.

Good Luck ! !

Last edited by Arjun; 2009-01-05 at 20:23.

Thanks for the quick reply.
i didnt search these boards before i asked my question.

The thing that confuses me is the *99#
where does that come from ? or is it always that ? ill try put in my APM and see what happens.

sweet ! that looks like it worked perfectly !
i feel so amateurist not seeing that

thanks arjun !